Can i get away with just a head gasket or full top kit

Bouncer

For a 95 wrx...I know the engine's coming out and the inlets ect all removed so am I aswell with a full top end kit or can I get away with just 2 head gaskets....Jay, Miggs & Gambit your knowledge and expertise are required once again :)

it depends if the bolts are stretch bolts or not, if they are you need to renew the bolts, i'd probably replace them anyway just to be on the safe side, other gaskets can be sealed with some gasket sealant rather than the gaskets, get some good quality sealant for the rockers and inlets, loctite 5699 grey sealant is what i have and is fantastic stuff, some exhaust assembly paste with do for the exhaust gaskets, that's all i can think of at the moment, when you take the heads off if there are some cracks where the plugs come through to the pistons don't be too worried about them, it's a common issue with them and they can cope with up to a centimetre  and a half long cracks, usually there are 4 cracks per plug

• Like 1

do you have a dish washer? if you do try and clean the heads in there when they are off, they come up like new, you will need to give it at least 1 empty cycle when you've done, have you done a compression test on the heads? you may be able to get away with just fitting one gasket which will keep the costs down