Subaru Impreza RX 2.0 Wont Start

repols

Hi

Having difficulty with my car I'm new to owning a Subaru & it's got only the start / stop engine push button

when the Battery is connected to the car even if the car is locked the lights on the dash are always on

the start / stop engine button is always on green almost as if it's stuck an "on" position if the car had a barrel & key to start up the car

anything obvious that could cause this type of issue?

the car won't crank at all...

both keys to lock & unlock the car flash red but the button's don't seem to do anything so I have to use the key to lock & unlock the car at the minute 

*Manual gearbox

Any help would be appreciated 

Edited by repols
added it's a manual

Have you tried depressing the clutch when you press the start button?

With my auto RX there are a couple of different options similar to the first turn of the key - ignition on so radio can play etc but no starter circuit engaged. It was possible to get it stuck in a cycle that stopped you starting the car. The way to break the cycle was to press the start button without hitting the pedal so all the lights went off. Close all doors, activate alarm, deactivate alarm and press start button with brake pedal engaged (to start auto)

You may have a similar switch which allows the car to differentiate between limited internal 12v live and full starter cct activation

34 minutes ago, Jay762 said:

Have you tried depressing the clutch when you press the start button?

With my auto RX there are a couple of different options similar to the first turn of the key - ignition on so radio can play etc but no starter circuit engaged. It was possible to get it stuck in a cycle that stopped you starting the car. The way to break the cycle was to press the start button without hitting the pedal so all the lights went off. Close all doors, activate alarm, deactivate alarm and press start button with brake pedal engaged (to start auto)

You may have a similar switch which allows the car to differentiate between limited internal 12v live and full starter cct activation

Tried depressing the clutch didn't do anything 

I will have a look at what you've suggested I'm guessing by saying activate the alarm this is the alarm that you key in with the number pad?

1 hour ago, repols said:

Tried depressing the clutch didn't do anything 

I will have a look at what you've suggested I'm guessing by saying activate the alarm this is the alarm that you key in with the number pad?

it will be the key fob button that locks the car and activates the alarm at the same time - Its effectively the computer support line - Turn it off turn it back on again 😁

6 minutes ago, Jay762 said:

it will be the key fob button that locks the car and activates the alarm at the same time - Its effectively the computer support line - Turn it off turn it back on again 😁

Ahhh I'm wondering if I can do that process then with the manual locks on the drivers side door as the button locks on the fobs don't seem to do any locking or unlocking when pressed so I don't think it would activate and deactivate the alarm when pressed on the fob

4 hours ago, Jay762 said:

Try changing the battery in your remote

Changed the batteries in the fob but they still don’t do anything, it is weird though as the car knows when the keys are in the car as I’ve left them outside the car and it starts bleeping with the yellow icon symbol on the dashboard 

On 2/17/2022 at 4:09 PM, Jay762 said:

Try changing the battery in your remote

Now fixed! 
bought it as a non runner 

turns out when it had a new clutch they didn’t plug the clutch switch back in to the oem plug… they made a double ended wire with a terminal at each end and stuck that inside one end of the plug instead… disconnected that bodged wire and plugged each end of the clutch switch plug back into each other and boom everything works as it should runs spot on… 

Bargain of a car now with only 64.7k on it 

FB36F25D-1FA8-45F2-A573-BC0A363C449F.jpeg

• Like 2