Friday picture quiz! Can anyone identify this bracket....

Just getting ready to put the EJ255 back together - I seem to have a bracket that I can't place where it goes...

I've looked through the parts catalogue and can't seem to find it, I think it's probably from a cylinder head area, probably the right hand one. I'm sure it'll become clear at some point, I'd just rather it wasn't once I'd got the engine in and realise that I can't get the bracket back in!

IMG_0531.jpeg

IMG_0530.jpeg

On 3/2/2022 at 3:04 PM, Jay762 said:

It looks familiar - Pretty sure I remember sending mine off for powder coating - ill check my pile of bits as it should have a label attached

Thanks very much - any joy?

A.

2 hours ago, AC72 said:

Thanks very much - any joy?

A.

Unfortunately not ☹️ - found some out and it was not amongst them.... Will continue the search this weekend

7 hours ago, Jay762 said:

Unfortunately not ☹️ - found some out and it was not amongst them.... Will continue the search this weekend

Thanks. Don't worry too much - engine's back in and I'm not missing it yet, although I wonder if it's related to the puzzle of how the dipstick tube fits! 😆 

13 hours ago, AC72 said:

Thanks. Don't worry too much - engine's back in and I'm not missing it yet, although I wonder if it's related to the puzzle of how the dipstick tube fits! 😆 

Well that I can get photos of 🙂 - I know where that is 😁

On 3/10/2022 at 11:46 AM, Jay762 said:

Well that I can get photos of 🙂 - I know where that is 😁

Finally worked that out - the tab that bolts the tube to the cylinder head had got bent. I couldn't work out how if the tab was bolted to the block, the tube pointed forward. Once I twigged that the tab could be bent, it went in a treat!

Now it's the PAS pipes - I can't work out what the brackets on them bolt to. The manual has them bolting onto the RH fuel pipe protector plate (I think) but the drawing in the workshop manual isn't clear, the pipes don't seem to want to go near to the plate and I can't even find holes in the plate that match the M8 holes on the pipe brackets. It must have looked obvious as I didn't take a photo when I took it out (a bit like the dipstick tube and the mystery bracket - spot a trend here...) but it isn't two months later!!

• Haha 1