Clicking/ popping sound

MarcinPokora

Hi Guys,

I’m new to Subaru’s however I have had few Japanese cars in past but not 4x4. I have managed to get myself beautiful Hawkeye WRX STI and noticed strange clicking/ popping noises form rear suspension or diff. This can be mainly heard while driving slowly or when reversing. I’m wondering if this is normal or anyone can share any ideas of what is wrong with it. I will appreciate your support.

thank you  

Good chance its the driveshafts unwinding and nothing to worry about - If you have cyclic clicking when driving forward that will be a cv joint - grinding is a bearing or brake dragging / worn pad

On 3/15/2022 at 9:16 AM, Jay762 said:

Good chance its the driveshafts unwinding and nothing to worry about - If you have cyclic clicking when driving forward that will be a cv joint - grinding is a bearing or brake dragging / worn pad

Thank you mate, I have been advised to check driveshafts, change diff oil and inspect diff and check bits in suspension. I will try all this weekend. The clicks are more breaking clicks and only in slow speeds (more when reversing)

10 hours ago, MarcinPokora said:

Thank you mate, I have been advised to check driveshafts, change diff oil and inspect diff and check bits in suspension. I will try all this weekend. The clicks are more breaking clicks and only in slow speeds (more when reversing)

All good points to rule out

What is the mileage on the car?