Wanted - A broken 2.0l Impreza engine

computid

Hi all,

I'm new here so please excuse my first post being one asking for something!

I'm looking to convert one of my kit cars, a Minari Road Sport Mk2, from an alfa boxer engine to a 2.0L turbo Subaru engine. This has already been done in the evolution of my car, the Murtaya. 

What I don't know is how difficult it's going to be to physically fit the engine in the space. I don't particularly want to buy a donor car, strip it down and then find that it's impossible (or incredibly difficult) to fit the engine in the engine bay. So what I'm looking for is a complete lump (Engine (including ancillaries) + Gearbox) that is knackered. I'm not bothered if its got a rod through the side of the block, the cams taken out, the pistons missing, the valves missing, the crank shot etc. I just need it to build/modify the subframe to take the engine at which point I can buy a working engine (or donor car). 

If anybody has anything lying around then let me know what you want for it. The closer to Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire the better but I'd be willing to travel. 

Thanks in advance!

Hi ave got a 2002 wrx engine with everythink on it includen turbo and running its been took out because i got a fully forged one fitted am selling it for £600 ono .

• Like 2

Hi guys I'm still trying to offload my old engine and box, it's a 93 closed deck ej20 complete bar turbo and timing covers, it includes all sensors, manifolds the lot plus the ecu with performance chip fitted, it made 308bhp reliably. I am also including a full set of spare sti v3 pistons and rods and a used autobahn88 front mount intercooler and pipe work , oh and 5 speed box with worn exedy paddle clutch kit fitted. I'm selling it because I'm stepping up to super pro drag racing and have a buick v8 to go in it. I'm after around £600 all in. I'm in Huddersfield but I'm not against putting it on pallets and posting at buyers expense

That's the post he's in Huddersfield

Hi, I have an EJ20 taken from a version-6 UK-spec Impreza turbo 2000 in the garage.  It was removed from a car that I was asked to scrap and I have been told the only thing wrong with it is the head gaskets have failed.  The engine is complete, and was was planning to strip it down and use as possible spares, depending on the condition, but I have no objection to selling it whole if a half decent offer is made.

I also have a 5-speed gearbox and matching diff that has come from a Hawkeye WRX that was in for a 6-speed conversion.  The box has done 160,000 Kms but as the owner lives in mainland Europe this has mostly been long distance Autobahn cruising.

I'm in Herefordshire, near the boarder with Worcestershire if you want to come and take a look and make me an offer!

Adam.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...