Dead battery and car locked out

Geoff326

Tried to start my 2017 XV this morning, but got lots of flashing lights on dash but it wouldn't turn over. Probably a flat Battery.

A few hours later I returned with a Battery charger but couldn't unlock the car with the key fob, so I tried using the hidden key from the fob in the door lock.

This didn't work either, so I can't get into the car to open the bonnet to charge the Battery. I also tried opening the tailgate using the pin code, but this requires power to the Battery, so that didn't work either.

How do i get into the car? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

I've recently been round the Battery roundabout but I never actually got locked out. I have read that it can take some effort to get the key to turn properly. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I am currently trying to decide on the best place to install a discrete 12V power socket (SAE type) so I can plug in charger, Battery minder or supply without opening the bonnet.

Found this on another forum:

[quote]

I finally managed to make it work. I turned it (clockwise)* until I felt resistance then I pushed harder and it moved a tiny bit more and unlocked. The mechanism seems to be a bit stiff and might need some lubrication.
[/quote]
*NOTE: that was for lhd car. rhd would be reversed.

• 6 months later...

This has just happened to me. I was inside the car. As I pressed the start button the central locking activated but the engine didn’t turn over. I was locked in. There was not enough power to get the central locking to open! The car wouldn’t turn off. 
fortunately I was able to open the driver window as there was enough power to do this. I then used the metal key to open the door. 
if the Battery had completely failed I would still be in my car!!!!!

scary