2009 Legacy Estate Exhaust system

Jeronimo

Can anyone tell me please, is there a difference and if so what, in the exhaust systems for saloon and estate models?

I'm talking an Estate, 2.5l petrol version:  variant B9 / SG0  127kW.

I have to get a replacement for mine from the front, catalyst section, back.  Could be single or double.

Thanks, Jerry

Consider having a day out at sunny Walsall,  https://www.mijexhaust.com/ custom made and fitted a new stainless cat back system to our previous Outback and to the present Forester XT (pics of ours in the forester section if you search), in both cases it was not possible to buy the corrrect system aftermarket, plus the stainless worked out cheaper than having an incorrect mild steel system fitted and has a lifetime warranty.

Thank you Judd.  I made the mistake of thinking that the only system MIJ advertise for the Legacy would fit.  Bought it and found of course that it is nowhere near a fit.  It's going back.

I would agree that a SS system from MIJ would be very nice but my 14 year old workhorse would be way over-lived by a very expensive custom made system.  It would simply be TOO expensive.

I have eventually found a replacement CS system which should last the remaining life of my car - I hope.  This time I've been careful to ensure parts are for the Estate with twin outlets.

Fair enough Geronimo, hope it works out for you.

Both our cars were and are unusual spec, the OE system on the H6 2002 Outback was a single pipe system, the main silencer of which having a built in valved by-pass  so at higher flow rates that silencer could go straight through, nothing available to suit aftermarket, OE over £1000, MIJ made and fitted for £299.

The Forester is a 2.5XT, a 2.5" OE system, when the middle section rotted i was about to have an aftermarket mild steel fitted (some £340) but posted here a couple of days before and MrB a knowledgeable regular poster thankfully warned me to check the bore, he'd seen all this before, sure enough the aftermarket system was 2" and meant for NA engines no suitable aftermarket to be found anywhere as rare enough car, so cancelled that and another trip to MIJ for another £299 jobbie.

Last visit was around 4 years ago and no doubt MIJ have had to increase prices since but in both case the stainless option was both cheaper and better...excluding the fuel costs there and back.

Had to have a mild steel system fitted to our Prado this last MOT as it was leaking, sadly didn't have the time to get to MIJ for another SS system so have painted the welds and badly exposed sections with zinc paint, hopefully that will help it last awhile.