Justy 4WD ECVT 1.2 GLi 12,000 miles only 1994

Hi All, looking for some advice, My mother bought this car second hand, but quite new, a long time ago with about 10,000 miles on the clock. She only drove it for a short while then put it in the garage. It is still looks as new. Have not tried to start it as not sure of any precautions I need to take after it being stored for so long.

Not sure what to do with it, any Idea of its worth, will it ever be a collectors item etc?

Thanks

Derek

tbh it really depends on how long its been sat and how lucky you are, it's gonna be step by step to check what state things are in before moving on.

Full fluid change (coolant, engine, oil, gearbox, diff etc etc), fuel in the tank will need draining and replacing, fuel pump in the tank, fuel filter in the engine bay, all belts, tyres (as im assuming multiple years) all filters, prob spark plugs as well.

I would sugest first making sure you can hand crank the engine so you know its not siezed, Prob then worth doing the engine oil and filter, collant, fuel and fuel filter then see if you can get oil pressure before then trying to fire it up. If you cant get it started could mean there are more serious issues at which point your then into is it worth pulling the engine etc etc. A bad example could be if it was stored without proper coolant and just had water in it. If so it could well have frozen and split the heater matrix, lifted the head etc etc Additionaly a leakdown test would be a good idea.

!!!!!!!!!Make sure you crank the engine over without letting it start to get a good flow and good pressure before trying to start it!!!!!!!.

After that its prob a case of seeing what happens, you may find lots of dfferent fluid leaks (be very carefull of anything that might catch fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!) from withered pipes, failed rubber seals etc etc, all you can really do its see how it goes.

If you get to the stage of test driving it, be very carfull of failing brakes and leaking suspension when you drive it. i'd advise very gradual steps.

On 3/24/2024 at 12:07 PM, Tidgy said:

tbh it really depends on how long its been sat and how lucky you are, it's gonna be step by step to check what state things are in before moving on.

Full fluid change (coolant, engine, oil, gearbox, diff etc etc), fuel in the tank will need draining and replacing, fuel pump in the tank, fuel filter in the engine bay, all belts, tyres (as im assuming multiple years) all filters, prob spark plugs as well.

I would sugest first making sure you can hand crank the engine so you know its not siezed, Prob then worth doing the engine oil and filter, collant, fuel and fuel filter then see if you can get oil pressure before then trying to fire it up. If you cant get it started could mean there are more serious issues at which point your then into is it worth pulling the engine etc etc. A bad example could be if it was stored without proper coolant and just had water in it. If so it could well have frozen and split the heater matrix, lifted the head etc etc Additionaly a leakdown test would be a good idea.

!!!!!!!!!Make sure you crank the engine over without letting it start to get a good flow and good pressure before trying to start it!!!!!!!.

After that its prob a case of seeing what happens, you may find lots of dfferent fluid leaks (be very carefull of anything that might catch fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!) from withered pipes, failed rubber seals etc etc, all you can really do its see how it goes.

If you get to the stage of test driving it, be very carfull of failing brakes and leaking suspension when you drive it. i'd advise very gradual steps.

Thank you Tidgy for taking the time to construct this reply, I will start this process and keep you updated. If the engine is not able to start will their be any value in the car, It looks as new?

Thank you

Derek

On 3/28/2024 at 4:30 PM, Windy Miller said:

Thank you Tidgy for taking the time to construct this reply, I will start this process and keep you updated. If the engine is not able to start will their be any value in the car, It looks as new?

Thank you

Derek

tbh i have no idea, they dont come up very often so its a bit of an unknown