DCM unit causing flat battery

I like many others have the flat Battery issue if the car sits unused for 10 days or more. While I am aware this is known issue with Subaru I was surprised to find it was still causing problems with my 2024 Outback. Subaru America is giving certain models a warranty extension and the choice of having a bypass box fitted or a replacement DCM unit when it becomes available in September 2025. Has anyone in the UK been offered this solution or are you just being given the age old excuse that Subaru trot out to drive your car more or to fit a new Battery which in my experience at least they cover under warranty.

• 3 months later...

The dealer checked my flat Battery for me a few months ago and I was politely told it was accepting a charge with no noticeable drain. Therefore a warranty replacement could not be justified.

Just had my car started by the AA after my 4th flat batt in 6 months, this time after two weeks away on hols (bought car in Jan 24). AA man noticed a 2A drain after the car was switched off with no drop over the course of the next 10 minutes ! Something in the car is causing this issue. I'll feed this back to the dealer tomorrow. Not hopeful though.

Hi, I got around this problem by, buying an AA solar Battery charger panel. I put the solar panel between the sunroof and shade then plug it into the centre console 12v socket.

It keeps the Battery charged if stood for a few days. Amazon sell them they are about £30-£40.

Screenshot_20241004_101032_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Edited by Biffa.2
Added photo