Stuck in D-Check mode, CAN or ECM fault?

My 2007 Tribeca's eml is flashing, & sometimes cruise, but it's not the green test plugs as they're disconnected.
On initial ignition on, if fans + AC clutch AREN'T cycling on/off, once started the cruise light will flash with a solid VDC off light & eml....
sometimes accompanied by solid Sport + AWD lights....no codes show on various diags, except for U1201 'CAN-HS counter abnormal' in IUM on iCarsoft diag,  although I did once have in engine P0700(Request Auto Transmission  MIL on) + in transmission P1718(Auto Transmission Can Communication Circuit).**

Upon 2nd ign the fans start cycling, once engine started they stop & everything works correctly but eml flashes quickly....
again no codes except U1201 but diags show car thinks D-Check is on but I repeat green test plugs are disconnected.

The only other 'faults' I can see on the diags are intake temp & ambient temperatures are totally wrong, in the -°C when they should be +16°C ish....car's outside temp display on dash is correct though & after running the engine for a long time both temperatures eventually read correctly.
**Handbook on VDC says: 'The light may stay on for a while after the engine has started especially in cold weather.'

The car drives absolutely fine, has passed an emissions test, had a good quality new Battery, 2 new rear O2 Lambda sensors & allScreenshot_20240908_231816_Gallery.thumb.jpg.95a69ba1c89412b55f6045be5f909a0f.jpg previous codes have now disappeared.

My thoughts are it's a CAN system/connection or main ECM fault.

Today I swapped the MAF between our 2007 3.0 Outback & the Tribeca as intake temp sensor is in the MAF....no difference, fault(s) showed only on the Tribeca & both cars ran fine. I've also swapped fuel caps & even test driven the Outback with fuel cap lose.

Before I take it to a main dealer or send the ECM to be tested, has anyone experienced this problem before please?

I wonder if the car has passed an MOT as failures can come if the MIL is on at time of test. Assume you've checked transmission fluid level as needed? Did the lambda sensors get changed before or after the faults appeared?