boot release lever

LUIGI-3

I would just check it I know a few times I've pulled it on mine and it's not fully opened and I got that mad walking back and forth I went and got the key in the end. It's only happened twice so I would just test it again before trying to take it apart, and I'm not sure about fixing it.

I would just check it I know a few times I've pulled it on mine and it's not fully opened and I got that mad walking back and forth I went and got the key in the end. It's only happened twice so I would just test it again before trying to take it apart, and I'm not sure about fixing it.

I did try again this morning but no luck, again i had no time to investigate further but this is defo on the list of things now :) will keep you informed

I had the same problem.   For months, I thought the cable had broken.  Today, I was browsing the owners manual looking for something else and found the solution by accident!

Mine's a saloon but I guess the hatchback will be the same in this respect.

On the part of the locking mechanism situated boot/tailgate lid there is a small lever which can be used to enable or disable the internal release system.  The lever is on the RHS of the lock.

To enable the system, it must be pointing to approx "5 o'clock".  In the "3 o'clock position, the system is disabled and the boot can only be opened with the key.

All this is in Section 2-10 of the owners manual.

Give this a try.  If it fails, the cable is probably broken.

• Like 3

Excellent find mate, well done. Im not saying it will cure it for sure. But it surely gives me another option to try before taking anything apart. I will have a look tomorrow. Thank a lot for this mate ;)