Outback Headlight washer

Bigmick11

Hi everyone I hope someone can assist.

I got my car last week a 2006 Outback 3.0 R, and the r/h headlight washer trim was missing. I ordered the new trim part number 86636AG250 and got it yesterday. The problem is as you can see on the attached pictures, the washer jet has an oblong hole and the trim has a round hole. It didn't come with a joining tube and neither I nor the parts guy at my local Subaru garage can find the item. From the last picture you can see the plug thats missing from the cover.post-1679-0-64425100-1386692575_thumb.jp

Have any of you guy's come across this?

post-1679-0-61499200-1386688298_thumb.jppost-1679-0-18242100-1386688300_thumb.jppost-1679-0-69584500-1386688301_thumb.jppost-1679-0-10325500-1386688303_thumb.jp

The little cover was £52.67p, you would have thought there was some way to join it to the car.

Any help for a newbie appreciated.

Thanks Mike.

post-1679-0-51887400-1386691698_thumb.jp

Unfortunately not, the square bit is pretty solid as is the plastic cover. There definitely looks as thought there should be a joiner of some sort. It would be sods law if I tried to take the L/H one off to have a look see, it would break and cost another  £50+.

So does it spray like it should when you push it tight in ?

so is it something more to lock it in place or does it not reach the jet to spray it without it going everywhere ?

Sorry about the questions just so I know what I'm looking for ;) 

from the pictures the water is firing straight out of the end in the defective mount, where it should be coming out of one of the holes to the left or right dependant on side of car - I would say the plug both attaches the plastic facia and deflects the stream of water out of one of the side holes back towards the headlight

So does it spray like it should when you push it tight in ?

so is it something more to lock it in place or does it not reach the jet to spray it without it going everywhere ?

Sorry about the questions just so I know what I'm looking for ;)

Hi, you can't push it tight in as they just butt up against each other, the missing plug would certainly clip into the front cover and I assume just push into the oblong hole.

Great picture

So I have just seen your post on Subaruoutback.org - looking at parts diagram it looks like you are missing 2 parts (the metal bracket and the plug) the plug looks like it comes with the washer - part number 86636AG290 and the metal bracket is a separate item, havent found that number yet

All indicated by ids 1 & 5 in the diagram - looks like they have just ordered you part number 8

ohwasher_zpsada4c09f.jpg

• Like 1

86636AG300

​Oh I got a different code :) But it does look like it can only come as a whole unit :(  and the Legacy one appears to fit. Be tomorrow by the time I speak with the Scrappies now didn't know that was the time :D

Time flies when your having fun ;)