random cel light

stants

On way to collect some seats today, came on about an hour into my journey while sat at 50 literally blinked then went out happened again an hour later same thing. On return journey stopped for food plug diagnostic in to see what was up and no faults came up. Didn't happen at all on way back. Two months ago i got a reading of o2 sensor cleared it and never came back.

Any ideas ?

I'd say something might be starting to falter or a bulb is on it's way out . I'd keep driving it see how it goes. Might have needed the run to help clear it I would just check coolant fluids too. if it does it again did you mess about behind the dash when you stuck the gauges in ? 

I know was awhile ago but thinking might have shaken something lose. 

All levels were good was a 350 mile round trip so fluids were checked before and after.

Maybe it's the o2 sensor wiring on way out or grounding.

The only thing i dis with the gauges is cut a redundant swich out wire the the two ends together and solder a live feed in i was carefull not to mess too much with that . Only doing it when everythings got hot and been run for a while i'll don't want to change anything too swiftly

One thing i did notice when i stopped the boost solinoid was clicking like crazy. Dunno ifbghats cos i was in diagnostic mode or not.

Yeah weather was nice met adam from the forum.

Only problem was i forgot about the two long sections of 50 mph motorway restrictions grr !

Possible it being with it in diagnostic mode. Is it still doing now taken out of diagnostic mode. ? 

Yeah Adam said you had been down flashing your legs at him trying to get some money knocked off the seats ;) 

​Average speed cameras I hate them the Vultures also know as. I was told they don't work but I still slow for them :D 

That's what i thought. Couldn't remember if it was doing it before i put it diag mode. Can't recalling it doing it after unplugging it.

I've always wondered what speed you have to average to get caught. Even when doing a gps verified 50 lorries are going past at 56. Still does wonders for fuel consumption and i don't fancy getting a ticket trying

I had a Dutch lorry driver up my !Removed! flashing his lights driving really close and beeping his horn once going through. So when he pulled over I had to ask what his problem was he said in broken english he was sorry but he was in a rush to reach the Ferry. I just said tough **** I'm paid by the hour so it's unlucky if you get stuck behind me again. I was livid  :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Right been having a play around with car an i'm pretty sure its the o2 sensor.

Devided to do a basic unplug test on the maf and the car stalled instantly so i'm geussing that it looks about right ?

Run diagnostic again and it's coming up with 23 and 32 so i assume thats cos i unplugged the maf while running

Off to get an o2 sensor now. Would help if i can find some ome who doesn't want my vin number to order a part as for some reason ut's nown as a gl

• 3 weeks later...

I had a Dutch lorry driver up my !Removed! flashing his lights driving really close and beeping his horn once going through. So when he pulled over I had to ask what his problem was he said in broken english he was sorry but he was in a rush to reach the Ferry. I just said tough **** I'm paid by the hour so it's unlucky if you get stuck behind me again. I was livid  :angry:

stupid Dutch driver should know better! as 'we' have that system for many years before it came to the UK and i don't have a problem with them, just flip the cruise control on 50 and let it run. i have no interest at other drivers in anyway and the more they push the slower i go, so get lost as i like my clean drivers license!

I was fuming mate massive lorry right up my backside all I could see in the rearview was the bumper and grill. I appreciate time was important for him but so is my licence and money for a fine and a speed awareness course you also have to pay for. It's the only time I've ever had like that and was about 6 years ago now :) And I know all Dutch drivers are like that ;)