Subaru 2.0 R sports wagon

Juliano

Hello, Could anyone please advise me about wheels to make an Impreza 2.0 R Sports Wagon 2006 model look a bit sportier over the standard wheels? Can an improved fill of the wheels arches be achieved without having to lower the suspension or does the rolling circumference have to remain the same? The car is factory standard and will also probably ride much nicer shod with its factory wheel/tyre combination but I like the sportier look of larger wheels. 

Many Thanks.

Wotcha and welocme - rolling radius needs to remain the same for the speedo reading - however you can change it as long as you modify the speedo accordingly - eg get one that uses GPS instead of engine revs / gear selection rolling radius calculation.

Black wheels look slightly smaller than they are

yoou have plenty of options to choose from possibly even squeezing a 19" rim under your arches

having a smaller and therefore stiffer side wall will firm up the ride a little but should also result in a more positive steering feedback

Thanks Jay, that's interesting. My current factory wheels/tyres are 16J x 6.5s with 205/50R x 16 tyres all round.

What would be a good wheel/tyre combination to achieve a sportier look without going too over the top?

Interesting that black appears smaller as actually black is the finish that I know would look good.

Thanks Jay, that's interesting. My current factory wheels/tyres are 16J x 6.5s with 205/50R x 16 tyres all round.

What would be a good wheel/tyre combination to achieve a sportier look without going too over the top?

Interesting that black appears smaller as actually black is the finish that I know would look good.

If you are not looking to go OTT - go with Matts suggestion - look around for some STI rims, get a great factory look these can be upto 18" depending on style.

Its the old black is slimming ethos - ask any lady with an LBD ;)

steer clear of STI wheels though as the hub is different

this place may give some ideas

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/#

and these will give fitments of different models across the range so you can see what else fits

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/tiresandwheels.html

http://www.carlsalter.com/subaru-wheel-fitments.html