Mods

Carp37wayne

I'd say it's like muff diving it's not for everyone. For me I don't mind a bit of carpet fur so a dump valve for me I don't think it's a chav thing if used in the right manner. I've not seen anything that shows it saves a turbo or it doesn't but I like it :) 

Your MAF measures all the air going into the engine and uses that information to make sure you have the correct fuel/air mix. By venting to atmosphere there will be less air in the system than has been measured, and you will be running lean. Always go for a recirculating type.

• Like 1

for me i think it's down to personal preference, if you want it for performance then Adam is the man to heed, if you want it for cosmetic reasons then a vta one will suit, if your not sure if the noise will be to your taste you can get adjustable ones that allow you to switch from vta to recirc, i think they are turbo smart ones, mines a forge one on a classic and it's a hellova lot louder than the baileys one on my mates classic, mine also comes apart and was quite quiet when i got the car, i pulled it apart and cleaned and greased it all up and it's a lot better not, on low boost it's like a little stutter on full boost it's a massive whooooooooootishhhhhhhh

definitely hear me coming lol

• Like 2

Yes sorry, running rich. Not sure why I said lean, guess I need to read my text before posting! You could always get your car mapped to run MAF-less but depending on your setup that can be expensive.