maf sensor

stants

Changed the o2 sensor that was giving me grief but car still hesitates slightly, no where near as much as it did :-)

Did a search but maf and cleaner bring up loads of randomness.

I want to clean my maf sensor as i'm pretty sure it still works ok, (unplugged it and it stalled straight away)

So its a purple labled one do i just unscrew the unit and slide it out ?

2nd question, what to clean with if i cant find air sensor cleaner tomorrow, can i use carb & intake cleaner (wynns) or electrical contact cleaner ?

trouble is with a maf they don't usually last that long after a clean, you have the signs it's going and cleaning it mat fix it but it's likely to be a temp fix, also i too have the purple label one on my impreza, it would appear to be the hardest one to find, green label ones are easier as more common, best of luck with it pal ;)

Hey up, well i took tge airbox apart this morning and had a peek inside, the wires seem clean ie no soot. So i've put it all back together and seems to be ok i may have a small leak in the intake ? It looked like the airbox was o n a bit wonky so realigned and will take it for a drive tonight. I did find this last night, dunno how reliable it may be

http://www.daytonagblimited.co.uk/all-subaru-items/325-subaru-air-mass-flow-meter-22680-aa280.html

if your willing to pay that i'd probably go for this one instead, a little dearer with postage on top but it's genuine, i've always been told with sensitive parts like maf's to go genuine as it'll be more accurate and last a bit longer

Do you have the link mate ? Or can i nog see it being on mobile site ? Are there two types of purple sticker maf ? One site wanted over two hundred bits but i don't think it was the right one.

I'll speak to subaru too, no intention of buying from them just interested as someone mentioned they had got one from a dealer for £120

sorry that was me not posting the link :lol: i seem to do that a lot

ebay link

as far as i know there is only one purple label unit, i know when i was getting one for the wifes car the VW dealer will do them on an exchange basis so it worked out cheaper than an eBay special from china