My first Subaru, from Indiana, USA

audiojoe1

Hello to all other club members. Just bought a 2005 Legacy GT. Ran great all the way him, then the next day, misfire cylinder 3. Needed a coil and or spark plug. I used a post on the club to save me from having the car towed with my sockets still stuck against the firewall. Thanks so much!

Then, drove 100 miles to one of my offices. Ran like someone was chasing it. Then on the away home a HUGE chunk of ice and body parts flew off the idiot in front of me's car and totally smashed my windshield. I had to change my underwear when I got home it made such a loud bang! And where I live even though the jerk stopped after I chased him down, insurance will call it debri and not make his insurance cover it!

Hoping things only go up from here, and when it warms up I can change the other 3 coils.

Glad to be a new member.

Joe

Welcome from the UK!

Glad you got her running well again, but sorry to hear about the windshield! At least you're ok though and hopefully your insurance will cover replacing it without affecting your premium!

Conversely, we've had very little cold weather here in the UK, just A LOT of rain and severe winds.  

And to think the predominant reason for buying another Impreza was to be able to get off the estate where I live, that and withdrawal symptoms from not owning one for so long  :lol:

Hey mate welcome to S.O.C 

And does sounds like you had a string of bad luck there :( misfires not uncommon . And for the ice does suck that you have had to pay for that because he can't be bothered to clean it off before driving, a mate of mine had that happen off a lorry going around a corner he stopped to give him room to get round some ice came off the top smashed his windscreen. The lorry driver just stuck his finger up and carried on driving :( 

Welcome along fella.

Sorry to hear of the bad luck you have had so far

I appreciate the weather you have at the moment, but Subarus are right at home in the snow. Put some pictures up when you get chance. :)

• Like 1

Wotcha and welcome - it is one hell of a bang when the windscreen goes like that - I hit a pheasant once that flew across me just as I was joining the motorway, suffice it to say I was well up to take off speed by then and was very awake for the next two hours of driving :D