Brake pads 54 2004 wrx sti type uk

When it comes to brake pads performance and long lasting don't tend to go hand in hand.

For best performance I would go EBC yellow but as a compromise to get slightly longer life choose EBC red.

Ferrodo has also been recommended in previous threads on the subject (cant remember the specific type number though) I have used them in the past but again great results though I don't remember them lasting too long

ferrous / sintered pads will go through metal discs - its metal on metal - great stopping power but it does wear - same principle as I mentioned earlier, you want great performance you will get it but at the cost of replacing components earlier which is fine as long as this is understood.

also mintex - used them with Tarox grooved discs and goodridge braided hoses years ago, transformed the brakes, great performance but they wore quickly - no fade at all with that setup

I understand that bit, just thought they had a different disc that would withstand the metal on metal for longer. I don't know what is normal but I think with past cars I've usually gone through 2/3 sets of pads to discs, but i'm not a heavy braker either. I once got 20 miles into a journey and wondered why my cruise wouldn't come on in the Astra and it was because I hadn't touch the brakes. Eco driving/ light wallet for you