Newby from Sussex

Stevotheevo1

Hi guys

Just bought my first Subaru, an 02 Impreza WRX wagon in black. I have no doubt I will be on here in the near future picking all of your brains.

Anyways just thought I would say hi.

PS, my apologies for the user name but its been with me a long time ;)  

Wotcha and welcome - I did wonder about the name put put it down to some form of evolving from one to another ;)

but we are all about the cars on here - we have Alfa lovers , VW enthusiasts, Landy lovers + a few two wheel aficionados, common denominator being internal combustion so feel free to browse and get stuck in

Just a quick update and associated question, whilst on boost and changing up through the gears the engine revs up between 200-400 rpm when depressing the clutch, at first i thought it was just me getting used to driving a new car but now im not so sure as this seems to happening consistently.

Also it has had a custom Ecu remap (BRD/TEK3) from b.r. developments, the graph shows 283bhp/319ft lbs, not sure if this could possibly part of the cause or not.

Thinking back to my (dare i say it) Evo days (Evo1) installing a BOV seemed to help with some of the tuning issues, so being impatient, which is my natural habitat, i jumped on eBay and had one delivered the next day, bolted it on, and i think maybe its a little better, at least in my mind.

Any thoughts  :unsure:

fitting the BOV may have alleviated it a bit by dumping the pressure and therefore some of the power so less strain on the clutch.

If you do replace the clutch it is a good move to have the flywheel skimmed to ensure even wear in the future