My 2002 Bug eye project

LANCENEOMAN

So, i figured maybe I should make a thread on here, to show you guys what im doing to my Impreza WRX.

On the 28th March, it is going in for a full respray (hopefully as long as funds are available)

Before then, there are a few jobs to do.

So i figured over the period of the next month or so, i would post some photos of whats being done.

This weekend its a full service. but obviously I doubt people will want to see photos of that.

So here how it looked on the day I bought it.

Apparantly it had a scoobyrace 1.5rt remap. ( no idea what that is

Great stuff - like to see a nice progress and what members are doing to their pride and joy

not heard of a scoobyrace tune - but then again I had no idea what a 'snorkus' was either so there you go :)

the pictures make it lok better. The front bonnet has dents, and the rear near side quarter panel has a deep scratch and dent. Also, the sills, are flaking and the laquer on the roof is peeling. 

So it will be sanded down to bottom and have multiple coats.Also having a thicker layer of clear laquer, 

Go P1 blue looks mint like wrblue but a bit lighter. If you're paying for a respray may as well make it something different

post-1915-139353117154_thumb.jpg

To those that saw, this is my mates next classic after the white one with pink wheels, just to prove he isn't a complete traitor to Subaru

I don't know see to go Matt black would

Cost me £850 to get it wrapped . But I can have a full respray In the colour I have now with all little dents etc fully repaired for £1000 so I think I may stick to that. May also have the roof wrapped at black after wards think it would quite nice.

In need of some morette headlights before the respray though

I'm not sure how the finish will be with the wrapping if the surface underneath is not good - would it cover your dents?

If you have it painted and the bodywork sorted you could have it wrapped at a later date knowing all is well underneath?

Wrapped with dents underneath looks bad as far as I know. Has to bee decent paintwork. And £1000 for a respect abd debt fixing seems like a very very good price.

That's what I'm thinking . No point wrapping over a dent as you would either get a bubble or still see the dent.

I'll get it re sprayed, then have the roof wrapped in mat black, and a clear think wrap on the front bonnet and bumper to stop stone chips.

Gotta get it looking nice for the japfest 2 in derby

• Like 1