Forester SG5 audio options

hi peeps..

right my forester has a japanes satnav in the top pod and a CD player in the center. i am looking to replacing the top satnav unit with a pioneer app radio. if i do that how do my speakers work? will i have to hardwire them or is there a separate amp that differentiates between top and middle unit sounds ?

help

DAE1E035-0B3B-473B-BED6-3B1C5AAA9CEE.jpg

as far as i understand is that the radio/cd head (probably Kenwood) drives the speakers with it's internal amp. the satnav in the top pod is connected to the radio/cd head and provides the voice routing guide by muting the radio/cd head.

when you replace that satnav with a Pioneer box (if it fits) you will have think of a solution to drive your existing speakers. why not remove both satnav and radio/cd head and place that Pioneer in the middle centre? you can use that top pod for some other application like a OBDII monitor etc

• Like 2

echo Bitman that's the simplest approach as you will probably be able to get a harness adapter for the centre console unit so no messing about with connectors, soldering and heat shrink

• 1 year later...

yep, yep; the only thing i had to hack was the connection to the Kenwood AMP but there are connectors available but i was too lazy to get one ;)

i just cut it off and if needed can solder it back on 8)

• 1 month later...