oops! bidding on Ebay when under the influence of alcohol should be banned!

right then, yesterday after a few beers i decided to have a look for an
STi T/M intercooler for the MY00 UK turbo i bought last week.

I found 1 that looked good so put a few bids in on it & won it! I've just realised that it's actually for a bug/blob eye! eek.gif

Now i'm not the sort of person that would decide to back out of the transaction so what i want to know is.....

Will a bug/blob eye STi intercooler fit on to a MY00 UK turbo & if
so what modifications am i goin to have to make to get it to fit(if any)?

Oh & i know that an STi intercooler on it's own isn't going to make any difference, so i've also bought a TD05 turbo! thumb.gif

thanks

Craig

I dont think you will have a problem with an STI TM intercooler, the engine layouts appear to be consistent throughout the range banging that turbo on though carries a serious smile risk so be careful ;)

yep! got a nice set of new parts already sat in my garage as well as a few more on order!

So far i've got

new TD05 16G turbo

used blobeye STi T/M intercooler

new Green panel filter

new 2.5" stainless decat downpipe

new silicone rad hose set

new STi 1.3bar header cap

Also going to order a 2.5" stainless up pipe, a walbro 255 pump, silicone turbo/intercooler/vacuum hoses & a new BOV. Still not sure whether to go for a recirc or vent to atmosphere

i don't mess about when i decide i'm going to do something! although i am going to resist fitting everything until i've got all the parts & i can get it booked in for a remap!

Oh & i've also ordered a oil pressure sensor sandwich plate. Just need to decide on which o/p & boost gauges i'm going to buy! been looking at TIM

yep! now i'm trying to decide whether to order the carbon vinyl wrap i've been looking at. Thinking of doing the storage tray lid, Stereo, heater, gearstck & handbrake surrounds/trim but don't know if it will just look tacky!

yep that's another thing, if i make a balls up of it! i'm not so worried about scratching it as i'm not the sort of person to have lots of clutter in a car & fill the trays up with coins, keys & general crap! everything is lept to a minimum! even in my work van i don't like to have crap everywhere

Cant say the same about the van :D

But I do try my best to keep the car clean as I can but the Mrs and kids I spend more time clean it out after them.... That's an idea push bikes for them all ;)

i've got a Focus 2.0TDCi for the Mrs & little lad, they probably won't go in my scooby that much. The Mrs certainly won't be going anywhere in it without me! :D  The Focus has been remapped so it has more than enough power for her now!

It is harder to keep the van clean. If i'm out doing "spanner" jobs i take a spare set of clothes so i can get changed once i'm done. I've i'm out doing keys or other clean jobs i have smarter, cleaner work clothes.