MOT required september wither decat in stourbridge area

So, in september the cars mot is up.

Looking underneath, i see no CAT so its been decatted.

I know its been passed for a few years without one in Telford, however thats quite far away, so wondering if anyone knows anywhere in my area who will overlook the cat.

Cheers

So, in september the cars mot is up.

Looking underneath, i see no CAT so its been decatted.

I know its been passed for a few years without one in Telford, however thats quite far away, so wondering if anyone knows anywhere in my area who will overlook the cat.

Cheers

Don't think anyone would give up there gold mine MOT station on a public forum......

Maybe though PM though think mine might be abit far away from you though :D

Here is an exert from the MOT testers website:-

With regards to the new testing manual section 7.1 rfr 3

A CATALYTIC CONVERTER MISSING WHERE ONE WAS FITTED AS STANDARD is the reason for rejection.
The method of inspection states,,

ON VEHICLES THAT QUALIFY FOR A FULL CAT EMISSIONS TEST CHECK THE PRESENCE OF A CAT CONVERTER.

And any car post 1992 requires a cat from the factory from what i can find.

Well if the MOT test place has another car they can use say like the one they loan out ;) problem solved. but to be fair I will be amazed if they can even get it to pass both the Bug and blobeye the blob has a cat my MOT guy can't get either of them to even read the emissions because of the size, even trying to bung them with everything he still couldn't get them to read. It might be worth either asking anyone you might know local if they know any good testers. 

I would say someone local will do it. I know two MOT testers one I use I like to think he uses his common sense which seems to be like a dieing breed of people now. He will pass it for stuff like the cat but will fail it if it's not safe or a CV joint need's changing or breaks are bad. I like that 

But I also so know another bloke that would pass any old crap thing for £80 safe or not. Now I've never used him and wouldn't myself but found him just by speaking with a mate of mine who's not even into cars :)

Yeah, see i dont want to ask around asking if they will pass a car without a cat. Id rather know about cv joints etc, but i think failing on a cat is stupid. like my emissions are going to stop the ice cap from melting

Just ask your mates with cars if they use anyone different or know anyone. they don't need to even like cars. You never know what people know. Like what I said before the guy who will pass any car for a quick £80 was told about him by my mate and he doesn't care for cars one bit. To him they just get used to go from A to B

And thats true Jay :)

I think people with common sense will soon be like the X-Men a rare and hunted breed of people with powers :D

• 1 month later...

My friend has a skyline with cats removed. He goes into the mot station and tells them it doesn't have a cat and if they tell him he needs one he'll remove it straight after testing anyway so what's the point? He's not had any problems for years and has moved around.