MAF or plugs?

Spuds

Under gentle acceleration I've got a bit of a stutter (not me the car) it seems to hold back and jerk a bit.once the turbo kicks in it seems ok.when it's warmed up it s a bit lumpy on tickover aswell.all I've done since I got it last week is put a green air filter in and a full tank of v power although it says inside the petrol flap 95ron only.so what do you think plugs,maf,petrol or something more sinister

Maybe try re setting the ecu may not be used to running on good fuel.

You can also do a laymans test on the maf. Unplug the sensor while the cars running and it should stall if it's working ok. (Not an exact way of telling) if you have a multimeter could always test the resistance for a more accurate test

Ok thanks,I'll try unplugging it while it's running see what happens.i did try cleaning it the other day but it's still the same.it will be going in for a service next month for oil,plugs,filter and leads so hopefully one of these should sort it.

Could be the fuel but not heard a car struggle with higher ron fuel before. But have been told it can take nearly a full tank of fuel for a car to get used to the higher octane and visa versa. I'd give all the hoses a quick once over check for any loose or split pipes could be the throttle body just needs a clean through. or the MAF like you said. I'd check the codes like Stanton500 said and clear any if it has any. :)

would a maf fault not throw up the 'cel' on the dash? my bet would be plugs first. fuel filter? icv? but again they should throw up the cel. may be worth a plug in to check first or you could be chasing for a while

Tried a new maf today and it's still the same once it's warmed up,I have plugged my code reader in to it and there are no faults so I guess some new spark plugs and a fuel filter are next on the list.could anyone recommend the NGK iridium ones I've been looking at and is it worth changing the leads aswell.thanks

ok my problem now solved i had same problem as you spuds this may help you ...i never done it myself my son did he sprayed carb cleaner in maf left for a while sprayed again left and changed a sensor it was black square one sorry cnt remember name of it now but all seems fine no smoke at all but only sympton im getting now is the revs are not as quick to drop as they used to be maybe its me but my son is going to do it for me weekend but its alive and well