Spot the difference!

Daymo

Hi everyone,

Managed to source an engine and get it all fitted in place, having a few issues getting her started at the moment, so I've given everything a once over again, and found something which could be causing an issue.

I have attached some photos, the first photo is from the engine which is now in the car, and shows a plastic piece which bolts into the rocker cover and has a hose running out of it. Next to it however, there is another connection sticking out which has no hose attached but looks like it needs one.

The second picture is the one off my old engine, this doesn't seem to have the second connector. Can anyone tell me what hose should attach to this or if one is needed?

My car is an 05 wrx, the engine I have just fitted was out of an 05 wrx PPP, (I don't know if this makes any difference).

Let's see what difference's are first (sorry about the change of angle, I'm on my phone at the moment)post-1816-0-25796000-1394661281_thumb.jppost-1816-0-37735000-1394661365_thumb.jppost-1816-0-25796000-1394661281_thumb.jppost-1816-0-37735000-1394661365_thumb.jp

Shouldn't make any difference it being from a PPP car the engines should be the same. I'm having problem enlarging the pictures at the minute will try have a look again a bit later. But can almost guarantee be something over looked like this :) 

looks like a breather, could you replace the old panel with the new or have it going to atmosphere via a pipe and filter or collector tank.

example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RACE-RALLY-DRIFT-TRACK-KIT-CAR-TURBO-ROUND-SQUARE-OIL-CATCH-TANK-BREATHER-CAN-/181335275494?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item2a386cb7e6

• Like 1

Well it was easy to put the hose back on, the car still won't start though, it's off in the garage this weekend, and my mate will get it running. I've spent a week on it now and I'm stumped.

Sick of this car now, it's the best car I've driven and it puts a smile on my face, but everything that could possibly break mechanically has. Absolute money pit.

I'm going to get it fixed then most likely get rid of it, spent more than half of what i paid for the car on repairs and maintenance, and that figure will only keep rising. best of quitting while i'm ahead with this one!

:( Sorry to hear sounds like you bought a bad one. But I would have thought once the engines in and running it should be fine again if it's been looked after. unless you know it has other problems like with the brakes then yeah that will start costing :( 

oh it's definitely a dog, gearbox feels a bit !Removed!, so that will no doubt go next! and the bodywork is questionable in some areas. serves me right for buying it when it was snowy and covered in mud!

patience is a virtue that i dont have, but i do now ha.

Gutted :( But have said before with Subaru's having a good look around and traveling is always worth it. But least taken the grunt of work out of it for the next jobs to be done I guess :( 

So you looking at another Subaru with more time taken to look at it :) 

Nah, most likely get a 200sx s14a I reckon, i miss my old Primera like mad, the sr20 lumps are indestructable. And at least the power will be going to the rear of the car rather than the front ha!

Well not sure what car you was using mine goes to all four ;) But do like the rear wheel drives. But not as much as the scoobs. And the Subaru engines can take a kickin if they have been looked after. It's the idiots that thrash it from cold and drive flat out everywhere and don't do regular oil changes that kills them :(