Legacy, feels sluggish with no power...

tom_gr7

So,

Driving to work this morning (car sat over night) and driving home again (car sat outside the office since 10am) so both relatively cold starts i'd guess.

The car still drives fine, but at around 3k revs it just seems to have no power or pull. I'd try and push it, but it wouldn't accelerate.

It seems to clear up after about 20mins of driving (a bit of town, then dual carriage way speeds)

I don't think the clutch is slipping or anything, but I'm more of computer guy, than a car guy so my knowledge is a little limited.

Legacy 2.0R, 5 speed. I always use vpower btw. It was serviced before i got it, with new plugs (unaware of the brand/quality though)

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Not sure mate strange it only happens from cold start and clears up I normally find it's the other way round with these sort's of issues. 

thanks for the reply.

yeah it does seem like that, seems a bit odd though.

I've done 2000 miles in the car since having it, those have been 2000 pretty steady miles. However, I tend to drive in 5th at anything over 40, which probably isn't healthy. - Could this have caused it?

I'll see if it continues through tomorrow.

I do the same but always need to gear down to 3rd if traffic is starting to move again so wouldn't have thought it would be driving in a higher gear I would imagine a lot of us do that to try penny pinch some fuel saving :) 

Maybe just a bit of crap burning off that had built up or the ECU getting used to the V-Power fuel change if the previous owners was running it on 95ron  :blink:  But main thing it's ran fine just have to see how it goes and keep an eye on if it was cold or hot on the day. 

• Like 1

I think you may have hit the nail on the head there. When got the car, the average MPG was about 28, since I've got it and always used vpower its slowly moved up to 31.8. So that would indicate to me that the previous owner either used 95ron fuel or drove it like he stole it. So, i guess some crap could have come off the injectors or something.

• Like 1

I'm not entirely sure that running 99 octane fuel permanently is good for a car that's opitomised for running on 95. I can see the benefits of the higher octane but without a remap, I think I would only use it every other tank at the most.

I'm not entirely sure that running 99 octane fuel permanently is good for a car that's opitomised for running on 95. I can see the benefits of the higher octane but without a remap, I think I would only use it every other tank at the most.

oh i see, hows much would that kind of remap cost?