Looking for xenon bulbs and boot problems with my Impreza WRX Wagon 97?

RosieFreak

Hey guys,

I am looking for Xenon bulbs for my scoob but want to know the best brand to go for as there are a lot out there and dont want to buy pish!! Any recommendations? Also have problem with the lock on my boot, doesnt lock all the time, anyone else had the same problem and how did you guys solve it?

Cheers

post-665-0-48625300-1366920176_thumb.jpg

I got a Battery seat and clamp from eBay and have got the Xenon lights. Looking at doing some body work now myself and taking of the wheels and filling & respraying them now.  Has anyone used Hankook tyres or Flaken tyres before or have any recommendations for good tyres on a budget?

I used Hankook years ago as I understood they were a budget brand for Yokohama, never had any problems with them nice and sticky - I did hear they made them not quite as good because they were out selling the Yoko's

however just had a look and for around the same price (below £70 fitted and balanced) you could look at TOYO proxes CF1's or Yokohama C Drive 2's - I think it would depend on your driving style if you prefer lower noise and fuel economy to outright grip

I use this site as its quite a good one for info and comparison then you can shop around further if you want to squeeze the price

http://www.blackcircles.com

Researching for a couple of replacements came across this review of summer tyres, they are all quite close in the results with a Hancook offering taking 5th place of 9

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2013-Auto-Review-Performance-Summer-Tyre-Test.htm

a 225/50 R16 W (96) comes in at just over £103 per corner - liking the fact there is a 7mm kerb protector on them

Cheers fore the research mate, really appreciate it.  Will be looking over them and making a decision.  Getting the alloys off the car in the next week for a proper steam clean and then I may get them rersprayed depending on how they come out. Thank once again.

• Like 1