Pinking at low speed/pull away Legacy 2.5 (2005)

Hi All,

I have a Mk4 legacy 2.5 (2005) automatic.

I have had an irritating problem for ages that I get pinking after I have pulled away from rest, happens at about 1500-2000rpm when the autobox is in 2nd gear, or when at low speed, if  I lift off the throttle and go back on the throttle gently I also get the pinking.

I have renewed the MAF, had the car terracleaned (to remove any potential carbon), changed the knock sensor.

i  have also been through the engine bay and replaced several vacuum hoses, and put jubilee clips on all the visble ones (instea of the flimsy subaru spring clips), in cas ethere was a vacuum leak.

Whern it first started doing it a main-dealer  looked at, jhad the car several days, and could not find any issues (they claim).

Occasionally  there are times it feels  slightly sluggish, and the autobox changes into a high gear very early, and doesn't change down so readily.... but it doesnt always do this.

am wondering if it could be the oxygen sensor..... as this controls fuelling ??

I have Android torque Pro and attach a log if anyone could look it over -  I'm not entirely sure what to exactly look for - a lag in the response ??

There are never any fault codes stored.

Cheers to anyone who can give advice :-)

To Banstead Woods 2014-Mar-31_17-30-03.zip