RUST BLOODY RUST

The two front doors on my 99 legacy have bubbled up in the same place under the mirrors, has anyone had this problem.

Body shop says cut out and weld in new metal, that seems a bit extreme.

Can you recommend good rust proofing, for behind the door panel's.

With rust its normally much too late to fix it when you can see it unfortunately. If it is just surface rust you might be lucky, you will have to take a wire brush to it to remove the rust and then re-paint. Otherwise cut out and re-weld in new metal is the best option and use a good quality paint. For rust proofing keeping a layer between the elements and the metal is key. Underneath I use hammermite which has to be re-applied every 2-3 years. But on the body work not sure on anything to stop it apart from paint.

Only thing to I can think of is there is something on both sides affected by the mirrors but hopefully other Legacy owners will be along soon. Although I would look for anything that is creating a gap between the paintwork and the metal.

Yeah second opinion is probably best, could well be some other method to sort it and hopefully nice and cheap. I would also look at getting the fault fixed so no moisture gets back down there or inevitably rust will get it