turbo boost too high

Hi, I have a 2001 wrx that is running a td05 turbo, super chip, uprated fuel pump, uprated throttle body, induction kit and a front mount intercooler bur the boost seems too high as I think it's running at 1.5 bar according to the boost gauge.

Please let me know if this is running too high and if so how do I reduce the boost?

Thanks

1.5 does seem high. I'm shocked that your fuel doesn't cutout I think it's set to 1.2 or 1.3 so might have been made to do 1.5 but not many people push that barrier. Do you have a manual boost control I would turn it down if you do mine can do 1.3 happily and I have a bugeye bit like yours :)

Thank toy for replying, I did have a manual boost controller but was told to remove this as this was not good for the engine with boost so high, should I refit this and try turning it down and with the boost this high is my engine at risk?

Thanks

I would mate just for peace of mind. I did the same I had it in for about 6 months running 1.3 I've never gone any higher I've now disconnected mine is the HKS digital version but I still have the digital gauge in the car mainly through horror stories I removed it and not knowing really how to use it. Cars been fine though for many years touch wood :D

As with the other thread - if you don't know what has been done to the engine along with all the other mods you wont know if it is high or not - turning it down to be on the safe side will not be a bad thing though.

When you removed the manual boost controller what did you replace it with? 

did it used to be lower? or have you just got the car?

my blob used to be 1.2 bar, then went up to 1.8!, turned out it was a split pipe just before the actuator, so actuator wasn't releasing extra boost

Thanks for your replies, this is my first impreza and I have only just picked it up do don't know what it was running or how/what the parts are call so please bear with me...The pipe was in the Battery looking item at the left of the engine by the suspension if your looking from the front of the car and had a tee off to go into the boost controller and the dump valve had a screw in the top pipe which was not allowing back pressure so we took screw and tee out and bypassed the boost controller and connected straight to the Battery looking item (maybe the actuator) and used the tee off the same pipe where the boost guage is connected and connected it to the top of the dump valve, this tee was just in front of the throttle body. I'm sorry for explaining it so bad :(

Hi, thank you for your help, I have now uploaded some pictures of the engine and some of the car. I hope this helps explain my question better and the bonnet is open because I was taking photos of engine and disconnecting Battery, so the Battery reason leads me to another question (really sorry for being such an amateur) the previous owner used standard fuel in the car and I have been advised to use ultimate fuel or v power so when the fuel light came on I filled up with tesco ultimate and the car started to feel very sluggish the next day so I done a bit of research and someone said that when you use a certain fuel over a certain period the ecu will set the engine up to take the fuel and that when you change the fuel the ecu will need to relearn the fuel mixture and adjust the engine accordingly and the best way to assist this is to disconnect the Battery to reset the ecu. Is this right or have I been lead astray and am now sounding like a right silly bugger? Sorry for all of the questions and I am very great fun for all the help.

Thanks

post-2270-0-78725900-1397153393_thumb.jp

post-2270-0-34462800-1397153521_thumb.jp

post-2270-0-72907400-1397153615_thumb.jp

post-2270-0-26139600-1397154190_thumb.jp

post-2270-0-64791100-1397154298_thumb.jp

post-2270-0-25193900-1397154406_thumb.jp

post-2270-0-56107000-1397154518_thumb.jp

Hi, just to let you know, the boost problem is not Le sorted just refitted the manual boost controller and was able to turn it down but since doing this and using new fuel the car seems to run very sluggish almost as if it want to stall?

Any suggestions?

Sounds like it's running rich

Personally I'd remove the boost controller and the superchip, then get a custom remap. Racedynamix do a mobile remap, usually about £350. At least then you know everything is fine. It's not cheap, but it's a lot cheaper than an engine rebuild!

What happens if you try something and kill your engine?