Hey From Southampton 330s

Basleyz

Hey new member, Don't own a Subaru yet. But I'm in search of a 330s. I was just wondering if there's anything I should look out for when viewing one, and if any of you guys have any advise.

Also, if anyone knows someone selling one could you let me know :)

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Chaz

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C have a few members with them like Salsa King has a really nice looking one not that I will tell him that ;) So they might be able to advise better than me with owning one. But I would say 1st thing I would look at is to see if it's had Ringland failure or had it fixed. if it's been done I wouldn't worry too much but if it's not I would make sure you check the service of the car that it's been done when it should have been. I don't mean that to put you off many people have them and don't have problems but it's what I would look at if I had the money to buy one :) 

Wotcha and welcome - there has been a thread on hear talking about what to look for buying a hatch, it includes things like door cards being thinly painted and can get scratched easily plus a load of other stuff - great car though :)  

don't get hung up on the piston/ringland issue.

it's an issue on all 2.5 models.... hawk and Hatch. but not everyone fails.

you only hear about the 'problem' from ppl when they happen.

wrong fuel used, bouncing off the red line, not serviced regular etc are all factors that can cause it.

touch wood & famous last word.... my car is fine 5yrs old now.

I'm still under subaru warranty (only cost £608 this yr, so a no brainer really).

worst case scenario, throw £5k-ish at the car, gets it all sorted and you'll see 400bhp easy.

£5k is a fraction of the cost it would cost me to change the car for something thats not as good as what I have.

Plus.. plenty spend on their car and spend more than that on stuff they don't need anyway 

• Like 2