Car broke down nightmare !!!!!!!

Leecalcars

Well long story short took a drive to Manchester from home about 130 odd miles and 7 miles to destination the turbo decides to pack up (second one in 4 weeks), eventually get the AA to flat bed us back home.

Me and a mate got hold of another turbo and stayed up till 2.30 am this morning fitting it that's the third one in as many weeks!!! Found out it was getting oil starvation from a blocked oil feed pipe we cleared the blockage mopped up the oil but got the CEL light up with flashing cruise light ...

This morning I set too on changing the plugs as it was in limp mode and besides they needed doing anyway after 3 hrs coil packs cleaned and all fitted my mate Craig came down with his computer to reset the fault codes all clear running as sweet as a nut again .... !Removed! subaru's !!!

Ouch sounds like you have had a bit of a nightmare couple of days :( 

you could say that mate yep !! Hopefully all sorted now... Makes you wonder if this car has ever been serviced going to change all fluids tommorow duff oil, engine oil and gearbox oil then brakes

At least the turbo didn't decide to take anything with it on it's death.

Hopefully will be the end of the problems, :-)

I think people try and do an at home service and end up out of their depth. If you know your way around subarus it's not a problem, but for people just used to doing an oil and plug service on their drive can be a bit daunting,

How did yiu clean the coils ? Just take off and clean or is there a more thorough way

Cheers

Mine went for a major service as soon as i bought her, mechanic said the box oils haddn't been done for a long time and whoever changed the plugs gave up in the rears as they were worn down so far it's a wonder it sparked.

Easy but expensive mistake, always inspect/clean oil feed & returns as slightest blocks or kinked pipes can be catastrophic.

What residue was found blocking your pipe & what was it's likely source as don't want more of the same !? Have you done an engine oil flush & new oil/filter ...

Easy but expensive mistake, always inspect/clean oil feed & returns as slightest blocks or kinked pipes can be catastrophic.

What residue was found blocking your pipe & what was it's likely source as don't want more of the same !? Have you done an engine oil flush & new oil/filter ...

the car was booked in for a full fluid change but I'm pushed for time as I fly to the states on Friday morning !!

Couldn't really see physically a blockage but definatley no oil in the feed pipe as with it disconnected nothing came out on initial start up then oil shot out everywhere after changing the turbo again oil was in the mentioned pipe so should be working properly now !

I totally agree an oversight by myself thinking all was ok and not checking why the unit had failed ... Live and learn I suppose my race car has a nice braided hose oil feed don't want to kill a £2000 turbo on that now that would be costly but td04's are quite cheap and easy to come by just hassle in changing it but ..... Dab hand now !

Standard lines are good enough if in good order, braided lines are normally for custom setups & speedy dissembling.

Least got to the bottom of it & having a mitsi turbo certainly was cheaper than if was a IHI :-S

Hope all sorted, third time lucky ...