Advice on Hard wiring a Roadhawk HD Dashcam.

I have a Roadhawk HD dash camera on my other vehicle.

Rather than use the Cigarette lighter cord I hard wired it into the fuse box ( using the Roadhawk hard wire kit ). 

I wired it into the fuse box into a fuse which is only live once the ignition is turned on.

Could have wired it up to a permanent live but didn't want to drain the Battery due to constant usage.

I currently use the Roadhawk in the forester but connected to the lighter socket behind the hand brake, ( the front lighter isn't working for some reason ). :(

I have received another Hard Wire kit  and suction mount from Roadhawk which I want to install into my Forester 2.5XT  so I can just move the dash cam between vehicles and plug it in. 

Could someone please advise on which fuse or line I should join into which will only be live once the ignition is turned on, preferably into the fuse box in the dashboard area if possible

Thank You

20140417_101959_zpsxpmzje3a.jpg

If you don't want to chop the loom could use one of these piggy back fused spur, anyone of the fuses will be live when on. Mines attached to a perm live fuse though.

For the ignition live wire i found a spare green wire under the dash that had a spade connector on it it was gathered up and had never been used, for an accessory on options list maybe ?

Just chopped it and wired into that.

Finally do you have the front fogs fitted with the 3 switches above the fuse box on the dash ? Just wire it into the live side.

Anyway hope this helps :-)

• Like 1