How to fit hks ssqv on sti 03

dezmond_vr6

If you have a standard one on the tmic just undo the 2 bolts and remove the 2 hoses you cap off the biggest hose and with the blanking plug. Did you get a back plate too im sure the hks dvs you have to buy a backing plate to make it fit. Will double check in a bit. But if you have it just tighen it up again with the 2 bolts and attach the small hose. Just going to jump in the shower late back tonight then I will check after I've eaten.

No didn't get one of them pal. But the instructions shows that u take the original off and use the plate it's one for the hks?? Not sure at all they arnt thorough enough for me to do it lol. Gutted coz it's sat there. Will get it done this week just hope what Iv got is the full kit. Got it from scoobyworld it does say it comes with the relative fitting kit for each model. Sure it does.

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_61&products_id=1237

Be 01 to 07 no it should be fine I just wanted to check you hadn't just hit the buy it button and not used yhe drop down to pick it I know how easy it is. I will see if I can get a guide from the site to see the destructions see how it says so I can get an idea of what you are looking at.

I can't find one but if you want to take a picture of everything you was given to fit it be best way. But got these might help you see what I mean 

So this is what you should have in now unless it has another type of dump Valve fitted before you bought 

101_0084_zps29a531be.jpgUnbolt that, just make sure you don't drop the bolts aa towel under it might help if worried :) 

101_0082_zpse456ef16.jpgnow remove the two pipes one under it and the small one. 

101_0078_zps33cb09c6.jpgBung the pipe under it as said before and as above in the picture 

101_0076_zps99908199.jpgAnd if you have the right kit with the diamond shape flange should look like this 

101_0074_zpse4e59e54.jpg

• Like 2

They're not the same thing at all mate. A Wastegate is simply a turbine bypass valve "internal" and "external". But basical I'm guessing you're on about external one that you set up at the Boost pressure you want to max out at and the extra exhaust gases will escape which then makes a more consistent noise like a dump valve if you like.

As for the kit I dnt have that flange I'm sure of it. And on the description it tell u to remove the black hard piping that runs across the inter cooler just above the recirc valve on the picture. Tomoz someone is going to look at it for me.

Just had a good look the DV is already mounted to the triangle fitting what I dnt have if I'm suppose to is a gasget for the fitting not sure if it's ment to have one between the fitting and the part it bolts too??

Now Iv looked properly at it and your pictures it makes more sence and now I think I could do it pretty easily. It's literally 2 bolts and bung one pipe then attach one pipe and it's done but I'll wait till Tomoz to be safe. Like I say the only think I dnt have is like a gasget which I would have thought I'd have needed to go between the 2 plates wen attaching it and tightening the 2 bolts?? What do u think??

So Iv got it on and all working fine so far. Not been on a run with it yet tho. One thing is that it's a very high pitch sound. How can I go about making the sound deeper? I no u can change something that changes the sound.

• 3 weeks later...