Mels Hawkeye

I have been promising to add this for a while, so thought as I am pretty quiet at works today I would give it a go.

I am not really after the big mods just subtle changes that help the car and make it look good in the process. Not everything I have done is everybody’s cup of tea, but it is what I wanted to achieve.

So December 2009 came and I had owned my Blobeye for just over a year, when I decided that the time was right to get the car I had wanted, a WRC Blue Hawkeye. Was looking around on Autotrader and found one that I liked the look of, problem was we were going away to Mexico in 2 days timer and Nottingham was a 2 hour drive away, so I bit the bullet … rang the dealer and gave them a deposit there and then, without even laying an eye on the car. She was totally standard apart from the factory fitted PPP.

Picked her up 23rd December and have never regretted a second. Merry Christmas!!!

20461_260776549180_553264180_3147070_5877799_n-Copy.jpg

20461_260776539180_553264180_3147069_1748980_n.jpg

So now to get to work personalizing it …. First thing we changed was the Prodrive exhaust. Opted for the same set up I had had on the Blobeye a TSL backbox and a 3” straight through cat back pipe, which gave me the noise we all love.

20461_260776554180_553264180_3147071_3337443_n-Copy.jpg

Next ….. new shoes. We had seen these wheels on another wide arch Scoob at a show, it took us 9 months to find them again, but when we did it was an easy decision to part with the cash.

DSC_6468640x480.jpg

I was starting to achieve the look I wanted, but as I was continuing to do more and more ‘bonnet’s up’ shows I thought I had better tackle the engine bay. I wanted to make the car stand out from the rest, so new strut brace was first

P1010016.jpg

Then added a few bits of bling

Airbox, fusebox covers, slam panel along with the zero sports intake pipe and red samco hoses

DSC_6843640x480.jpg

Now this is where me and my better half were having problems agreeing, I wanted to put a Viper Performance Induction kit on, he doesn’t like the look so we opted for a compromise and I had the air intake and alternator cover airbrushed. Eddie now sits proudly under the bonnet. Not everyone’s taste but it is certainly a talking point.

207464_10150167502504181_553264180_6606559_5238351_n.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

So with the engine bay looking a bit tidier, I decided it was time to upgrade a few bits to give me a few more horses. With the PPP it was achieving 316bhp and around 327 lbsft. We chose to put on a sports cat downpipe, a new panel filter and a remap to get its current level of 358bhp 383lbsft. I was happy with the performance but always room for improvement J

With the extra power I had got from the few changes I had made I decided that we needed to turn our attention to the stance. We decided to replace the standard STi suspension and went for fully adjustable Meister- R coilovers , this gave a better ride and meant I could lower the car 40mm all round.

IMG_2052-3.jpg

• Like 1

Continued................

So I was happy with where the car was at until attending the NBO show and watching the ICE competitions, decided the sound system in the car wasn’t good enough and that was the next thing to be changed. Added another amp, to allow me to run the subs , changed all the speakers in the car to 6.5” speakers and my better half managed to do a full boot build for me in a matter of days – how good is he??? Althought the grill covers for the subs took some finding !

(I will add a seperate project post for the boot build)

CopyofIMG_0165.jpg

431385_10150653854409181_553264180_9073932_1275684471_n.jpg

Last thing we have done for now, and just recently, decided to change the scoop and have put a Blobeye style scoop on, I think it looks great but again not everyone’s taste.

IMG_0616-1.jpg

IMG_0621-1.jpg

IMG_0614-1.jpg

So that where I am at present, not sure on which direction to go next as we can never agree on what to go for. If I get my way there will be a few more body mods coming in the next few months, so watch this space LOL

First things first – lets get it clean for the shows, ‘winter wheels’ need to come off, new shoes to go back on and it has got to be cleaned ……….. everywhere LOL

IMG_0619-1.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have seen many scoob's over the years and they have all looked amazing but your car Mel takes it one step closer to heaven!!!!

Loving the engine decals and the style of it all. Looks like it would steal any show!!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just catching upon old posts. So Mel, do you still have the car? If so what have you done to it since? And if not what have you moved on to?

Did you do the airbrushing yourself? Does look stunning. Reminds me of those 60's and 70's custom cars.

No still got the car (will be at NBO if you want to come for a chat). Airbrushing was done by a local artist for me but that is soon to be replaced ;)  ;)

We've been spending a bit on it again :o this year :wub:

We've uprated the discs and brakes, had all underneath powdercoated, unprated the anti roll bars, gearbox h-brace, added Defi guages, uprated lightweight pulleys, changed the artwork ;) a few more shiny bits under the bonnet, added the zero sports intercooler splitter - which took an age to source as they dont make them in the UK anymore, had a custom built alloy Battery box made (again in the USA) found some genuine pro-drive mudflaps (that is a whole new story though), pulled the boot build to bits and added a new amp, built a new lightweight sub box and then reinstalled it all

Think that is about it  :D

NBO car of show last year, so was worth the effort !!  :D  :D  :D     

• Like 1

That is beautiful! Those wheels are pretty damn stunning too. Excellent work, will definitely be giving this a good look over at NBO.

What kind of mileage are you on now? Have you had any problems with the engine?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is beautiful! Those wheels are pretty damn stunning too. Excellent work, will definitely be giving this a good look over at NBO.

What kind of mileage are you on now? Have you had any problems with the engine?

mfnick - nice to say hello on Sunday !! Hope to be seeing a few more of you at some of the events around and about :D

• Like 1

Good meeting you Mel. Car is even more stunning in the metal, congrats on winning car of the show again! :)

Well deserved, some amazing cars there on Sunday but yours is on another level.