Hey guys me again, i had trouble with scooby turning over but not firing up, my mate plugged his machine into ecu and there are no faults coming up, should i put my old wiring loom back on as i've been reading your comments about the immobiliser shutting down the injectors even tho fuel is getting through, tried starting it again earlier and its attempting to fire. Also someone has said reset the ecu.... still scratching my head lol

I would try reset the ECU 1st as it's the easy one of the two choices ;) If it still fails would then try the wiring loom. Just to eliminate any problems before getting a garage to check it over.

• Like 1

I would try reset the ECU 1st as it's the easy one of the two choices ;) If it still fails would then try the wiring loom. Just to eliminate any problems before getting a garage to check it over.

The 2 black plugs and 2 green ones go together under dash in driver foot well ??

• Like 1

The 2 black plugs and 2 green ones go together under dash in driver foot well ??

Yeah they are the ones, but resetting the ECU is more than that.

A thread on scoobynet has details on reading and resetting the ECU. http://bbs.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/793200-check-engine-light-flashing-help-please.html

Loads of info there, This is how to reset the ECU copied from that thread.

How to clear them!

Make sure the engine is up to normal temperature (the cooling fans have just turned off)

Turn the ignition off

Connect the green connectors together

and connect the black ones together too

Switch the ignition on but don't start it.

Check the management light is on.

Drive the car for about a minute above 10mph

Stop and rev the car to at least 2000 revs for at least a minute

Check the light flashes 4 long flashes (Indicating fault code 1111)

Switch the ignition off and disconnect the green and black plugs

I'm a member there also but other then a very few people I have met and the info... Lets just say it's not a place I like :D

And no not fell out with anyone on there either :)

I'm a member there also but other then a very few people I have met and the info... Lets just say it's not a place I like :D

And no not fell out with anyone on there either :)

Same here usually refer to it as scabbynet.

What have you changed?

My first thought would be to check the fuel pump is working, then check cam and crank position sensors, then the coil pack.