DayZ

Right I'm just downloading Arma II so I can play the mod version of the game. Did anyone want to join me and a few other's for a few games it's pretty organized and all work as a team most of the time :D 

Got commander downloaded, just had a quick game I'm failing to see why it's any good at the minute Zombies just kick my !Removed! before I get a chance to do anything. Maybe the servers I've been on have just been bad but I start with no weapons and just aggro them from miles away and can never seem to lose them :( 

But if you want to jump on my mates TS server about 7 of them that play you're welcome 

And Ash I have the standalone too I'm fully kitted out and bored out my head on it.

I've got to a point that I have that much stuff I avoid people  :lol:

its !Removed!, get the stand alone one istead

How dare you sir... :)

Nah, i find the mod and the epoch mod much better than the standalone, for a few reasons.

- better sound

- The choice from every single weapon from Arma 2 - not the tiny handful you get in the SA.

- lockable vehicles

- build your own bases

- the SA is simply PVP, there is nothing else to do other than collect guns and kill other players... if i wanted to do that I'd play bf4. In epoch, i can build my own bases and wage war with players, zeds and AI NPC's, whilst being able to secure all my loot and "hard work" without the fear of losing it within a second by a hacker or another player

Thats what my mates have done they have fortified a base it's meant to be pretty good was on TS whilest they was on it last night but I was DL arma 2 at the time sounds pretty good.

• Like 1

Thats what my mates have done they have fortified a base it's meant to be pretty good was on TS whilest they was on it last night but I was DL arma 2 at the time sounds pretty good.

yeah its great, me n my mate are in the process of fortifying a big red hangar :)

Unfortunately, I have a habit of dedicating more time to dayz and my hobbies than my boring uni work. haha

Well once I'm up and running I will send you the TS details see if you want to jump on over and have a look your mates welcome to join too :D I know Fenris does that live stream thing with Twitch :) 

Oh I had that on the stand alone I rage quite a few times. was shot with nothing more than a t-shirt jeans and trainers as I binned the torch and Battery :D But I'm fully pimped on it now full M4 I had two at one point til the server crashed and I was swapping stuff around so lost it :( 

With the mod version I'm hoping once I have a go with a few friends and have TS it will be better I just can't seem to get away from the zombies I must have had about 30 of the F@ckers chasing me for miles when I had a go earlier, as you can tell it didn't end well on all 4 attempts at trying to find something, anything would have been good I got killed straight after I found a tin of beans that was about as good as it got so far :)

Well went on last night so much more fun in a group, defended our base from attack learnt some tricks and cheers Tom the tree thing works :) We found a Helicopter so all four of us that was on last night jumped in it had a fly around the north airfield was sniper killed this yank so we went to kill the sniper and picked up the guy who was killed so he could go back and get his stuff. Just because we're so nice like that :D 

We came across another base and raided it until guy called Fenris crashed the chopper killing everyone but me  :blink: but massive blood loss passing out zombies attack I managed to bandage find a body in the fuzz and blackouts on the screen to use a blood bag. And as I am now on my own until I can meet back up with everyone I came across a nice tent and a hummer parked up rammed with stuff so I took what I wanted from the tent loaded it up in the hummer and drove off laughing :D 

i find the mod exceptionally quiet at the moment. Probably because the standalone is all the rage now, although, I found it a little boring. Start with nothing, find gear, kill players/die, rinse and repeat.

I also, find the inventory and user interface very awkward, clunky and sluggish to use. Doesn't make for a smooth gaming experience.

I like the interface more on the stand alone I find with the mod it has to be worked a lot more to do simple things, but the stand alone is buggy. But the mod is a lot better game to play at the minute IMHO 

I do find some right muppets on dayz. Today, one guy upon joining the server started asking if i wanted to team up with him..... so you can shoot me in the back and steal my gear..? no thanks. Had another guy, again upon joining the server, asking if i knew the owner, how to contact him, how often he's online.... strange. I'm guessing hes a hacker or something.

Seen a few hackers only good thing was with us being in a team killing him we got some top weapons :D 

But he just kept spawning back almost on top  of us with the best weapons in the game :( 

But we hit the NPC base last night and filled 2 trucks with everything so we're well geared up now have a little camp set up with about 8 or 9 tents to store all the stuff in we share. So far we have beat the hackers and still had some fun after without to much bother :) 

haha, I've made a little base inside one of those old red warehouses, its pretty good so far. I normally play with my mate, although, hes a bit jack when it comes to putting in the effort to collect building supplies. He just wants to !Removed! around whilst I'm trying to build or collect stuff. Pretty annoying and pretty tough trying to build a base on your own lol.

there are NPC missions on the server i play on, but not many players, which is a bit of shame really. I guess most are playing the standalone now.

Server we play on hasn't got the building supplies we just fort one of the military bases and have big shoot out's defending it like the Alamo :D  

We also have a little camp with about 8 tents we have filled with a tonne of supplies we've collected like guns blood bags you name it. But if you fancy joining us mate you're more than welcome along with your mate I will send you the TS ip and pass via PM as it's not mine but spoke to my mate who owns it and he's said it's fine to pass it on. 

The server we play on is 94.249.199.150:2402

Not really mate I think people are expecting the money grabbing holiday now Australian founder to make it something good. I still think it's a year away  before it will be anything like the mod is today :( 

I still think it's good but the mod is still better at the moment in time.