Been cleaning

Th4neuk

Hunting in the garage for some of my cleaning and detailing stuff I found my old lay bar that I used to us on my esprit! Gave it a bit of a kneeling and it came back nicely so decided to have a go on the bonnet. Used plenty of spray wax and rubbed a fair bit of crap off it. Surprising how much crap came off it. Still found a fair few stone chips and defects but to be expected I guess. This is no show car but a daily hack but it's nice to have it looking good. Have got some polish on it for now just to add some protection but will have another go with the clay at some point.

Need to get some more McGuires polish though as am running low on that. Hopefully should look ok once the sun hits it lol.

Cheers

Alan

Pics would be good.

I can recommend Poorboys stuff, bit cheaper than migures and professional quality.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/poorboys-car-care-and-detailing-products.html.

Also worth looking at is Bilt Hamber auto wheel cleaner it's amazing stuff. And you can get club discount at Opie Oils.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-1226-bilt-hamber.aspx

I had a Stevens 89my 2.2 carb turbo that I modified with charge cooler and had rejetted to 1bar boost. Went from 215bhp to about 290bhp. I also had a g shape wedge one for a bit which my wife had but we sold that one. My baby though was a 2000my 3.5L twin turbo V8! After I'd played with that a bit I had about 400bhp. Was lively in the wet as the only driver aids was your right foot lol. I was planning on taking it to near 500bhp with a couple of charge coolers in the boot but house purchase meant I had to sell it. Guy came over from Zurich for it! Will try and post a pic. Had a lovely carbon gt1 spoiler on the back as well. Made a great tea table hehehe.

Will take some pics of the bonnet tomorrow. Am toying with putting some mesh in the intercooler scoop as well :-)

Cheers

Alan

Yeah the sound was awesome. Had the lotus centre exit straight through sports exhaust with sports cats. Just scraped through emissions for the mot lol. The power delivery was just fantastic. It had sooo much torque and when you got the boost on. On a private test track it would cruise comfortably at 140ish. I never took it for a max speed run but I think the 170 that it was supposed to do would have been possible. Yes it had some of the lotus reliability things but most things you could sort at home tbh. It was hand built so could be taken apart by hand. Certainly had some special times. The picture is from a charity day I organised with our lotus club. Took disadvantaged and disabled kids out for rides in the lotus's. Had about twenty different lotus cars turn up and take the kids out. The smiles on both the children's and the parents and carers faces was worth a bundle lol.

Cooked a pasty on the exhaust as well once at a super car Sunday. With that and using the spoiler for brewing tea it was functional lol

Funniest trip was on the way home from work once. It was a nice day on the way in but in the afternoon it snowed and layed. Even with the stupidly wide back tyres with it being mid engine I had a fair bit of grip. The laugh was coming up on a BMW and cruising past him as he sat and just wheelspan. Funniest look on his face evr Hahahahaha.

I've still got the big charge coolers in the garage. Had two of them lined up for fitment in the boot to really get the intake temps right down. Huge ally things lol.

Maybe one day I'll get to use them :-)

Cheers

Alan

• Like 1

I know they're quick that guy I was on about he had a blue one just double checked you wasn't the same guy  :lol:

came past me on the A180 I really wanted ago in it by hell it shifted :) In my defence I was in a transit van with a kitchen in the back :D