air conditioner question

athens11632

Hi everyone. I own an Impreza 2008 1.5L petrol (i mean not diesel, if i say it right)

Usualy under the engine hood there is a label with information about the kind and quantity of the aiconditioner fluid  it needs. In my car there is no such label. Does anyone have a car like mine to send me a photo of this label? And where can i find this information online if needed?

Thanks

Hi mate if I get chance I will have a dig around see if I can find anything out for you. I don't have the same car so can't help with the picture sorry. And hope you have a nice Easter for tomorrow :D

Thanks for your wishes Gambit  (How thoughtful of you). Well summer hots early here it is already 32 deg C here at noon.

And because it is so warm here (it can reach 40-45 C in Summer) it is the perfect testing ground for car airconditioners.

So from personal experience i can tell you SUBARU AIRCONDITIONERS ROCK!!!!!.  Much Much  better than any European car especially German cars. In mid summer friends of mine ask me to take my Subaru for the trips to the beach because their German cars can't cope so well with the staggering heat.

And as we say as response for easter wishes CHRIST RESURRECTED

Had a look at my own system just to check - Im sure it wont be a fluid that is topped up on yours it is gas so will need charging at a garage - you can get a top up over here for about £20.

used to be freon but now I think it is R134a a similar refrigerant gas but a bit more eco friendly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane

Well from what I can see your best of getting it done from the garage like Jay said, as it's gas. And they should remove the old gas before topping it up. also read it's nasty stuff to deal with. And last time I had it done cost me £65 kwikfit in the UK I hope that sort of help's with the question ;)  

i'm just asking because i want to know in case i need it. I never intended to service it myself. After all because i have done it on another car i had, it is a procedure that needs special electronic equipment in order to pump out the fluid and pump in the right amount. The airconditioner stil works great. Servicing the airconditioner here costs between 35-50 euros. And because of the climate it is a quite common thing to do here. You can go to an "official" subaru service garage where the technicians i'm sure they know the answers, or to any other service point with the right equipment (diavia or so) where they check this label i'm telling you about and perform the a/c service. Besides that the a/c service equipment companys do have lists for every car model with the needed information. But i still wanted to see the actual label to know what it is on it.

Must admit I have niver used my aircon !!! But I can tell you I think my heater is awsome in the scoobie on a good day I may put the window down ....ok I guess you have worked it out . ......yeah I come from Scotland 355 days of rain a year wwaaah Lol

• Like 1

Let me tell you. If you leave your car in the sun, after a few hours or less the temperature inside is more than 60 degrees C. It literally can melt a cheap plastic you left inside or destroy an electronic device you left inside (something with a crystall display etc).

So it is a absolute must here to open first you car let the "first heatwave" come out and then sit in the car and turn everything on. Can be dangerous if you just open the door start the engine and wait with the windows closed, the airconditioner to cool the car.

BUT after that as i said subaru aircon is top of the league compared  with other cars (german for example)

Aircon is useful also in rainy conditions. It regulates the cabin moisture and prevents window or glass fogging (if i say it right).  And that is tested. (and written in the manual)

The only reason i asked the UK "subaristas" is the language barrier with other countries.

it does, it saps your power and uses more gas - so all id do is give it a swill once a week if it hasnt been used to demist the windscreen or chill the car, although on holiday in the states with a cabriolet hire car it was nice blowing on you with the roof down :)