CEL light.

tje

I know it sounds silly. But would a faulty drivers window cause a CEL light?

Y drivers window stopped working. Now it's working again but not very well. It will only go all the way up or down.

The CEL came on at WOT as I was passing a skoda. Changed just before 7k rpm

No mate be on the engine components. Could be a lot of things but if the cars driving fine I would maybe have a guess with the 02 sensor but only way to know for sure is to have them read. might even be a sensor throwing a wobbly so resetting them would be best 1st see if it comes back. can do all that with the app I said about. 

• Like 1

it could have detted and been lean on pot 4 at that rpm. if you start car and switch it off 4 or 5 times, if the fault has cleared the CEL will go out (fault will be stored in the ecu) then drive around and see if it comes back on

if it comes back on it could be a faulty sensor or split boost pipe

if it doesn't come back on, it might just have been a one off, but if you can get the code read cheap, then do it

• Like 1

It was an O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1. It's getting replaced on Friday

They tried clearing the code and it just made it crank for a good 10 seconds before firing. And CEL was still on and code was still there.

I don't have a turbo so can't be the boost pipe :(

The engineer was saying it'll probably be a code for a missing turbo whilst trying to persuade me to buy a blue STi on the forecourt haha

Looks as though it'll be free of charge replacement as I got it in February from them.

The det and lean, would that be effected by fuel? I've been running Tesco 99 Ron while there's the fuel save voucher thing going on.

Thanks guys

If you can't get anyone mate get an app called Torque pro and a Bluetooth OBDII scanner will cost you a little over a £10 :)

Just searched for that app on Apple store and can't see one with that name?

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Will the one nigel has linked to there plug in and work for my 03 forester along with iPhone 5? Got CEL again this morning [emoji54]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I just bump this, along with some advice on apps that are known to work with this reader please?

Ok that rules the droid app out then.

You can get software for laptops and a reader for about 40 quid. Depends how much you want to pay or try searchinv app store for' odbii diagnostic tool' comes up with about six apps

What app would work with that wifi dongle? Just ordered one so hopefully will get it the start of next week.

Can you post an update for me on how you find this reader once you've got it please mate? I have it bookmarked to buy but would like some first hand feedback first.

Thanks ever so