Help on remapping/flashing the ecu

hi guys,

im new to all the Scooby modding scene and need some advice.

im picking up my first Scooby on Wednesday and this is the spec.

1995 impreza wrx 2ltr turbo

Closed deck ej20 , GC8
Engine has just had full rebuild crank reground .25, race shells and upgraded
pistons standard bore size ,new head gaskets standard size, full gasket set I
mean everything, all valves re ground and reseated new stem seals , oil pump
modified to increase oil pressure , new crank seals casings painted red and
every thing on engine hss been done down to cleaned up bolts done by hand
magnetic sump plug brand new clutch

has a td05 turbo off a evo

has induction kit

3" ss exhaust.

now the owner has said to me that it could prob do with a remap but thinks it has the standard ecu on the car.

first is this possible and is this different from a dyno tuning test

Thanks in advance

Pete

There are places that can remap the OEM ECU

- a dyno will give you a read out of the BHP and how your car is running - rich, lean etc some places do use a rolling road to set the fuelling through the rev range, other places however will do it in car on the road but what you then get is a BHP estimate. The outcome is the same though but I understand not using the dyno is cheaper

No mate I'm near Grimsby just outside near a village called North cotes :)But do go to Scunny some times

yeah I know it, my parents used to live there on the old base.

Oh right small world ;) Well looking at doing a meet up with everyone who can make it over the summer holidays if you fancy popping with the family for a BBQ

Yeah that would be great.

Also on a note of the remapping thing everyone im contacting is saying you cant remap a oem ecu on a 95 impreza wrx.

either I need to buy an aftermarket ecu or get it chipped if I can.

Not sure if Mario on here was looking at selling an ECU or not, but eBay have a few you might be able to get a good one off there if your still wanting to have it done :)

And nice one will try get a date posted up ASAP ;)

You don't have a OBD port on that car. Only reason I know this is because one of the other members was looking for it :) turns out they didn't start putting them in till later. And if its the same as mine its under the carpet in the passengers foot well behind a protection plate

Sound's like it would be fine for your car I can't see why it wouldn't work but I would maybe be tempted just to have a look at the one you have 1st. You never know might get lucky and it have one in that can be mapped. And to make sure they look the same with the bolt's holes.

should be near the Intercooler with a pipe going in. I think this is it bit hard to see on the picture being small :) or my eye's are just bad :D I put a red ring round the part I think it is if you can see it, I will post a better picture tomorrow if you still not sure :)

t2ec16rqe9s3he2lbrynv81.jpg

Yeah the new age bolts directly on to it. I'm not 100% on the classic it should have a small bit of pipe going into it with the DV on the other end ok by the looks of it I'm wrong :) guess it happens it might be more in the middle coming off the air intake by the looks of this.

dump_valve_fitting_diagram.jpg

Fitting Instructions for Classic Impreza’s

1. Fittment is very simple, your kit should have obviously a dump valve (DV) in it, a blanking plug and sometimes a new silicone hose to go from the DV to the intake manifold.
  2. The idea is to remove your old DV (RED DOT ON PIC). Make sure you note the way it goes on, there should be an arrow on your factory DV, this will come in handy if you ever wanted to go back to standard.
  3. Once removed you will see that the DV has 2 pipe connections x1 to the intercooler (BLUE DOT ON PIC) and x1 to the intake (GREEN DOT ON PIC).
  4. Your new DV goes to the Intercooler pipe (BLUE DOT ON PIC). Make sure that it is clamped to the pipe or jubilee clipped.
  5. The blanking plug in your kit blanks off the hole in the intake return pipe (GREEN DOT ON PIC). Make sure that it is clamped or jubilee clipped.
  6. Then if you have a new silicone hose just swap that for the one that went from the intake manifold to the DV on your factory DV (YELLOW DOT ON PIC).
  7. Make sure everything is tight and secure then go for a run and see what you think.

Hi - I have zoomed in on the photo and I cant see one fitted just tubing - is there any chance you could take some close up shots of where the diagram shows the DV location to be?