Open-world racing sequel heading to Xbox One and Xbox 360

anthemkeyarthorizontalv2rgbjpg-dcff4a_61

It’s time to crank up the Stereo and hit the open road once again, as Microsoft has announced Forza Horizon 2, the next installment in their flagship racing series. Forza Horizon 2 is in development for Xbox One and Xbox 360 and due for release this fall.

The racer follows 2012’s critically acclaimed franchise spinoff Forza Horizon for Xbox 360 and 2013’s frontline Xbox One launch game Forza Motorsport 5. Development is being handled primarily by Horizon 1 studio Playground Games, though the team is collaborating closely with the Motorsport team at Turn 10 Studios; the two teams share a technology pipeline as well as select key personnel.

To clarify, the Playground Games is developing solely for the Xbox One version, using Forza Motorsport 5's graphics engine as a baseline. The Xbox 360 version is being handled separately by Sumo Digital.

“[Turn 10 and Playground] share this belief that we can create a true home for racing fans on Xbox One,” said Horizon 2 creative director Ralph Fulton.

In making the leap to Xbox One, Forza Horizon 2 will include hundreds of cars, according to Playground Games, headlined by the 2015 Lamborghini Huracán. A long-awaited weather system will also make its Forza debut, while Forza 5’s Drivatar system is also being adapted for Horizon 2.

As for the game’s setting? Contrary to recent rumors, it won’t take place in the bayous of Louisiana. Instead, the game will take place in gorgeous Southern Europe, leading to, in Fulton’s words, “incredible diversity” and “amazing vistas.” Music will again play a big part in the game, and a music festival will be the central event around which the game’s activities revolve.

Extensive improvements and features are in store for Horizon 2.

I'm not normally a big fan of the hole Need For Speed thing but I did really enjoy Horizon so will be firmly on my list of must buys :D

I'd been reading all the hype for months that is it isn't it on the forums so I sort of was expecting it sooner than later :D

If they add rallying in again would like the handling looking at and replays added for it though like Forza 5 style replays  :D

The sounds of the Nissan Skyline when it's on the limiter is one of my favorite parts! Just amazing. I loved the first one but never really got to play online but if we start a "Subaru Owners Club" on there it would be awesome I think.

I would say I will to be fair did with Forza 4 :) so can't see why I wouldn't again. And I thought the cars sound great in Forza 5 so wouldn't expect anything different :)