Buying a WRX Wagon

R0llamite

Hi guys, the 2nd rendition of my Rollamite account where i rescued a 96 sport, unfortunately at work i cant sign in with facebook as its banned on our interwebs, anyways, been looking for a long time for another impreza but more seem to be dogs being sold for very little and i dont want to have to fork out a ton of cash again because i want one as a daily driver, a guy i know who works with them for a living is selling a WRX wagon on a 95 plate import and is apparently down as a GL on the import papers, not that that worries me as it will be off the road till feb anyway when my trusty little corsa runs out of mot and my insurance is renewed (cheaper), its got a tdo5 but fairly standard and a jun splitter, wind deflectors etc not my bag really, hes asking £1500 now i know there are cheaper wagons but i want one that wont need a ton of work, 11 months mot as it stands and 116k on the clock, rust free imported in 2006, Opinions??

Welocme back - sounds fair - check the underside as being an import it may not have been undersealed, Matt will hopefully be along with some sage like advice ;)

Just as i posted i saw the 'BUYING GUIDE' -.- yeah after dealing with such a rusty corsa i aim to avoid it in future so will be checking under and engine bay as well for corrosion, on the plus side, rust is lighter than carbon fibre, before much longer i'll be able to out drag the wagon in my corsa haha

Aye ive known him a while i got a few bits for the sport off him, bought it anyways, body work is great, small wing dent and a 1p size bit of rust on the boot, engine bay is clean as, running a Z4 and a tdo5, ive never accelerated so violently in my life, inside is a mess though, needs a few interior bits !Removed! back down and all the oil and grease and dirt cleaning out and definetely some new seats as theyre knackered, but the £1200 is under the bonnet not the interior

Nice another little project for you but after the sports I'm sure this will be a breeze for you :) 

We have the project thread section now mate so as you know feel free to get one started. 

And they do accelerate nice don't they :D  

no it was left on a drive for 5 year, imported in 2006, didnt have a terrible amount of paper work its also down as the wrong car on v5 i dont think the guy importing it was too, shall i say, competent?

• Like 1

im considering the FMIC route but not just yet, need some new seats, good clean and some interior bits !Removed! down, one tint is ripped off so may remove all or get it redone, car isnt due to go on the road till february so im just guna clean engine bay and tidy it up, get some fog covers a few stickers on there, additional scoops :D guna get yellow protective film over the headlights, pretty happy with it how it is tbh its borderline sleeper, raced a UK2000 and his measily 218bhp on the way home with all my lovely space for luggage BECAUSE WAGON!

• Like 1