Pollen filter

Notamused

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the correct pollen filter size is for a 2006 Forester 2.0X.?

I have looked at a few but these range in size, and I'm not sure which is correct.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Is it the one under the dash in passenger footwell ?

I'm sure one of the newer owners will be along to help

Yes I'm assuming so from loking at the info I find about this car. I have not removed it as yet though.

Car is doing my nut to be fair. It's one I reluctantly bought from the estate of a deceased relative, and is proving to be more hassle than it's worth in some respects.

Aorry to hear that, is the car just not running very well ?

As for the filter I'd leave it in lace as feom what I've heard they are a pain to remove .

90% of impreza parts so might be worth cross referencing the codes

Aorry to hear that, is the car just not running very well ?

As for the filter I'd leave it in lace as feom what I've heard they are a pain to remove .

90% of impreza parts so might be worth cross referencing the codes

No, the car is running perfectly.

The problem was that it was a part of a deceased relatives estate that I am executor of and needed to be moved from their property. It had sat for ten months, had two tyres totally flat, did not start, had no MOT, was minging outside and was even more vile inside, as it was about as mouldy as a car can get. I tried several dealers and said I'd sell this cheap, but I couldn't get anyone to come out to see it. Selling it privately would have been an idea, but I live an hour and a half away, and so would not be able to attend any viewing easily. It was tricky. Eventually, I bought the !Removed! thing myself even though I don't want it, because it had to be removed from the property, as that has to go on the market.

I got the worst of the mould off, got it tested, taxed and insured, got tyres sorted and drove it home. All it needed was a Battery to start it. I turned the key and off it went like a swiss watch. It idled there silently. no surprise really as it's only done 31,000 miles, has a full Subaru history and has done only 1,500 miles since the end of 2012. Under all the crap it's a cracking car. The problem I now have though is removing the smell of mould and such. It's immaculate internally and has been thoroughly cleaned up. I'm going to biobrisk the entire interior next week, and this is why I wanted to change the pollen filter too.

Know anyone wanting to buy a great forester.???...ha.

the pollen filter is about £40 from a dealer. you have to remove the glove compartment to get to the filter. all you need is a phillips screwdriver. i cleaned my poller filter with washing up liquid and that worked so now i have a spare as i did bought a new one just in case the old one didn't survived my cleaning  ;)

while removed the pollen filter check the housing for debris and clean it