Absolutely Raging!!

RosieFreak

Today has not been a good day, started off good with cleaning the car and steaming cleaning the windows and alloys, then when I got round to using metallic colour restore, as I was buffing it all off to look shiny and clean it starts to **** down, but a courier arrived with my rear bumper support bar to cheer me up, but as I looked at it, I noticed something!!!!! 

post-665-0-39412100-1368615642_thumb.jpgpost-665-0-72214000-1368615670_thumb.jpgpost-665-0-29710200-1368615702_thumb.jpgpost-665-0-46703300-1368615743_thumb.jpgpost-665-0-89371600-1368615778_thumb.jpg

As you can see its !Removed!!! 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161024093995?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#rpdId I ordered it from here and I am about to contact them and let them know what has happened, to say the least I am not happy. 

post-665-0-58613500-1368615859_thumb.jpg

This is what it should of been like not exactly the same but not bent.

Yep I would be pee'd off with that too :( the bloke who sold you it will either have to change it for another one give you your money back. Hope he had insurance from the postal company. And sorry to hear the bad news mate and its just hailed here :(

Good news, the supplier has phoned me back and was brilliant, he has said if I can bend it back into shape he will refund me 50% of the money which is brilliant, if not he will replace the bar. Was really nice about it and totally understanding. So getting the blow torch our and trying to bend it back into shape :) hopefully will work. Any tips on bending bars back into shape? :)

metal conducts heat - watch you dont burn your fingers :D

hold it in a vice then take it steady and use grips to gently apply pressure as the joint is heated.

That is a result from the seller though

• Like 1

i would say the chances of you straightening that are going to be low, its box section right??? give it ago its fooked anyway and if he is willing to replace it you have nothing to lose lol.

I gave it my best go but sadly I cant get it back to its original shape, the brackets supporting the bar are two bent and the welds are coming apart. Quite gutted to be honest, but onthe phone to get another delivered.