Near side oil leak

R0llamite

my wagon has been stood for about 2 months now, i only take it for a spin around the block every 2 weeks or so to stop the brakes seizing as i drive my other car primarily. there is a small leak which looks to be from the near side rocker, i have been told because the engines are flat that the oil pools when not in use and the seal may have given way slightly, car was spot on when i bought it and has literally done about 5 miles since, could anyone back that theory up please?

the seals can give over time - going harder, bit of vibration etc The oil just sitting on them wouldnt cause them to leak though.

Do you know if they have ever been changed?

if the rest of the car - engine sound / perfomance etc are ok its probably age related - an investment in some gasket sealant and new rubber would sort it for the next few years

could be the cover mounts need tightening?? but that may not cure it if they have gone a bit hard, even if replaced during the engine rebuild 6 years doing nothing could affect it

yeah the engines sweet, the garage used it as a daily to keep it running, only issue im having is the jerking in 2nd gear, but as i mentioned in the other thread it may be down to my lack of experience behind the wheel if a wrx, doesnt seem to have been abused, fmic was taken off and replaced with tmic though im not sure it was ever mapped in or out again, if that has any relevance, if not even got it past 4th gear yet :(