Revs Spiking When Clutch Dipped

Tom163

Hi all,

This is a recent-ish problem but very intermitent depending on what gear and engine load. Sometime when I am changing up gears I come off the accel as usual and dip the clutch but as I do sometimes the revs spike up a little like 100/200rpm for a second. Makes gear changing akward.

I thought at first sticking accel cable but surely not because as a test I numerous random times have been all out accelerating and suddenly lifted off and its never done it....only seems to do it as I dip the clutch :/ any ideas guys?

Thanks

I would have said the accelerator cable too but if you don't think it's that might be worth giving the throttle body butterfly a clean might be gunked up and sticking open a fraction sometimes. How high is the clutch for the biting point too could be a sign of the clutch going in the early stages. 

I would have said the accelerator cable too but if you don't think it's that might be worth giving the throttle body butterfly a clean might be gunked up and sticking open a fraction sometimes. How high is the clutch for the biting point too could be a sign of the clutch going in the early stages. 

I thought that too mate but with the tests I cant replicate it its only when the clutch pedal is pressed the problem arrises. :S

Or a faulty clutch switch ? Have a look at pedal and above it should be electrical connection. Make sure you've not damaged wires with a wild foot !

I will have a look at this mate...what does that switch actually do? :)

I've had exactly the same problem since i got the car,I tried bleeding the clutch system, checking the slave for leaks, which there was none. Apart from putting a new clutch and flywheel In I have no idea what to do.

I'm at a loss aswel mate...its like the clutch doesn't dis-engage fast enough when I press the pedal down. Could a worn clutch release bearing cause this?