My Subaru impreza wrx bugeye making whining noise

Chrissyw23

Hi there this is my fist time on here I really could do with some help my Subaru impreza wrx bugeye is making a whining noise when I'm driving when I get faster the car starts to get louder with the whining noise but whilst Im driving I've turned the car off whilst it's still moving just to see if it's anything to do with the engine and when I turned the car off it was still doing the loud noise it seems to me it only does it when the wheels are moving any help would be much appreciated thanks guys

Wotcha and welcome

Sounds like bearing or transmission but bearings tend to grind more than whine, try getting the wheels off the ground and spinning them individually check for play and any grinding / whining.

Thanks for getting back to me appropriate it pal yeah some 1 said to me it sounds like bearings like I was out in it tonight on the big roads doing 80 mph it gets really louder but then I slow down it starts going to go down as I am slowing down should I be worried do you think like really expensive job also say if I go to the super market or park any where when the car is warmed up if I turn into a parking bay on full lock it makes a really loud clutter noise quite embarrassing tbh don't no if it sounds like pop shaft or drive shafts what you think thanks for your help I appropriate it :)

Right I've just rang Derek slacks up and he reckons it's the wheel bearing in the hub and they charge £224 per hub but he said it's more likely to be the passenger side wheel there the common fault on that size he said so do you reckon I can get it cheaper that's all in like he said so thanks

Ok so I've had my car in the garage again and he changed the wheel bearing on the passenger side snd I've took it for a run tonight and it's still making a loud whining noise it's really doing my head in I can just hear it at the engine bay but I can't seem to find out were it's coming from as when I stop the car the noise stops aswell really need help any 1 please thanks guys