engine managment light on

fitzsti

Hi All,

Just joined tonight and need some advice already!

Ive got a 2008 Impreza WRX STI, the engine management light came on today, it now wont let me use the idrive, when I try to put into a different mode it just bleeps.  Also the traction contol light is permenantly on and the cruise light on the dashboard is flashing.   I would much appreicate if anyone has an ideas.

Kind regards

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

I think the I drive isn't working with the ECU light on as it's like a safe/limp mode.

Best bet is getting the codes read mate just to be sure. Three ways you can do it get a Bluetooth dongle  http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060778.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0&_nkw=OBDII&_sacat=0

and the app 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en_GB

will let you read and delete the codes. or if it's new return it if it has warrenty left for the garage to fix it 

Or if you have a friend in the business that can read them for you. But be grateful if you let us know what the outcome is

Hi mate

Thank you for the quick reply.

just booked it in at the dealer.i will let you know the outcome.

only had car 3 weeks so should be under warranty.

im still trying to work out how to use this forum so hope you get this reply.

Hi mate

just to let you know dealer came back to me today saying fault code p1410 was found some air valves stuck open apparently and quite expensive to sort out.luckily i got a 2 year warranty when i bought the car. i should get it back tomorrow.

kind regards

• Like 1

Shame had the fault in the 1st place but least you still have cover with the warranty :D hopefully be trouble free now. And please feel free to share some pictures we do like a good picture show on here :) And join in on the other threads good bunch on here. :)