Wanted, STI, Blob eye, 2004 onwards, Blue

japcarsonly

Hi everyone my name is Brett.

I'm a new member here and I am looking to buy a Blobeye 2004 onwards impreza and I'm only after the colour to be blue and it to be the STI model.

Sorry to anyone with a non STI I have no problem with the WRX or GX models I would just like the STI model for me, the same goes with the colour I got nothing against any other colour I'm just after the Blue only, as I have done a lot of research on imprezas and if I'm going to buy one for what they are selling at, at the moment, I'd rather get the top of the range model as there isn't a massive amount in price difference between the models from what I have been looking at for the last 8 months. So I know what they are worth, and I would like one to be as standard as possible ( no bigger/non standard turbos, different engine, big bore exhaust, front mount intercooler's etc ) one that is completely standard would be the best but I know that is extremely hard to come across so I'll be willing to except little things, and IT MUST HAVE FSH and no more miles than 70K.

Sorry to be so picky and very up front like this but I'm being 100% honest and truthful to you all to what I would like to buy so I don't waste any of my time or anyone else's I'm a serious buyer and I will always pay in cash up front for those serious seller's smile.gif

You can pm anytime or leave a message on here and I'll get back to asap.

Thanks For Looking smile.gif

Hi there,

Yeah I have owned a few cars and always prefer the standard ones I learnt the hard way lol, I don't think you can beat buying a standard car I always keep my cars well looked after and standard it's just how I'am, and no I haven't owned a subaru before I have always fancied one, and just love the sound of them, but before I buy any type of car I always do a lot of research on them to see there common faults there prices what to watch out for best year/model to buy etc.

So I'm hoping to get one fairly soon as I have just sold my car last week and now am on the real hunt for an Impreza.

I dont think you will be dissappointed  - its not blue and not completely standard but this is one of the best examples I have seen in months and would own it myself given the funds

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rach108/15176389642/in/photostream/

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/9463-mates-sti-blob-widetrack-for-sale/

Hi,

Yeah I did see that one for sale on here but for me I don't really want something that has been that modified I'm sure it runs fine I'm not doubting that or anything, but from what I have seen/read/heard and had in my life when anything gets too modified it always seems to loses it's reliability as it'll be my daily car as well so it would need to be reliable and if something goes wrong I would have no idea where to start to look as I wouldn't have done any of the modifications to it by myself. 

Sorry about that, thanks for the interest oh and also that is out of my budget too, if you see any more for sale could you let me know I'd really appreciate it, Thanks

it all depends on the car and what people say they would like as some people as we all know try it on and put a price higher than it's worth to start with whilst some don't but a lot do, 

Yeah i know STI and WRX have a price difference I'd prefer the STI as I prefer the body kit and spoiler of the STI as all WRX I have seen have all had the spoiler and bonnet added on so i thought to myself I'm not going to go after a WRX with added on STI parts I might as well pay that bit more and get the real thing.

Though the prices of the STI do mix and match a bit no matter the colour or mileage funnily enough, though I have seen very good ones all different colours etc with low miles for about 6.5K and 7K but they just don't hang around long enough at those prices obviously to even get a viewing, but I'm confident that if i wait something will come along that's just the right one.

• Like 1

for instance there is a nice sti for sale but with 84,000 miles on piston heads and thats up for £5995 which i think isn't a bad price considering the mileage as you see the way look at it is a years worth of driving and I'll be into 90,000 miles that's the thing that puts me off it and plus they are based too far from where i live lol. heres a link to the the car so you can see what I'm talking about :)

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/subaru/impreza-sti/subaru-impreza-sti-type-uk/2366218

travel is something you may have to come to terms with in order to get the right one for you - I had an 8 hour round trip to get mine and many other members have gone further - one chap even came to the UK and drove his back to the Nordics (Sweden I think, but dont quote me)

yeah that is very true especially where I live there are just none around so when a good one comes up I'll just bite my bottom lip and travel I always find travelling to get a car is always a worry as I have done it in the past and gone to see what looked good in the advert and the chap seemed really nice and genuine but I got there 3 hours later and it was total rubbish and it had been warmed up too so it was a total waste of a journey but I guess it's just a risk you got to take for these car's.